Need Help Fixing Denon AVR-1602

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got this Denon amp from a friend that needs some work. Aparintly something happend to it when someone was running a kareoke machine through it.

When pluged in the On/Standby LED will light. When pressing power the On/Standby LED with flash then go solid but nothing apears on the display. I can select what speakrs to use (A or B). All the LED's seem to work but nothing ever comes on the display. I don't get any sound or video from the unit, I don't know if anything is damaged with that because for all I know the unit might be starting up in the setup mode but I can't see it on display.

I downloaded the manual and did the Initialization of the Microprocessor wich is sepose to set everything to Factory Defualts. During the reset, everything on the display is sepose to flash in intervals of 1 second, but only the LEDs flash.

I also accidently downloaded the scematics for the system.

If anyone could point me in the right direction of where I sould start, it would be appreciated.

I was working on the unit lastnight with someone and we seem to think that one of the voltage regulators is blown, most likely the 7805. My vom meter was acting funny lastnight and didn't want to read voltage :s so today I'll go borrow another to test it and I'll keep you posted of the results.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.