Anyone intrested in a DIY BOZAK preamp/mixer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These mixers go for some serious money due to being so rare and because they sound so good. Do you think it would be possible to build a clone or if there are a enough people a clone kit for this mixer? Would anyone here be intrested in this mixer? I am sure it could be made into an intresting preamp.

http://djdalelee.tripod.com/bozak.html

I also was curious if something like this could be improved upon. I had this crazy idea at one point of using a ono clone for the phono pre amps but that may be a bit over kill.

I found one at a hamfest about 15 years ago. It's had intermittent problems that I've had trouble locating. I still use it at the local baseball park for music and vocals. UREI made the 1620 mixer that looked almost the same and was very similar. However it used all opamps as opposed to discrete devices in the bozak.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.