newbie with input tran. question and wiring question - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2006, 10:10 PM   #1
imo is offline imo  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to imo
Default newbie with input tran. question and wiring question

I hope everyone will pardon the ignorance as i recognize that most of the posts on the forum are at another level, but i am just starting to tinker with building studio audio equipment. My first project was a tube pre (from a Hamptone kit). That went well and now i have taken a step further with the "tangible technologies" 1176 compressor kit. I have two initial questions as i tackle this and would be greatful for any input on either.
1. I have a Cinemag input transformer (model CMLI 10/600BPC. It is cylindrical with the wires on the bottom. How to i physically mount this in my enclosure? I am using a single rackspace aluminum enclosure.
2. With the point to point wiring, i will be using 24 guage wire between the PCB boards. i will also be using audio wire for the audio portions. How do i differentiate between the two. Some are obvious, such as legs going to power and ground, but i guess i'm a bit hazy on some of the other connections such as the pots, etc. There is little info as to interwiring the device and i want to do as much prep as possible.
if anyone has too much time on their hands here is the website, with schematics and suchhttp://www.tangible-technology.com/d...76_kit/root_76
Thanks
Ian Moore

Hide this!Advertise here!