AKSA amplifier kit!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
tinitus said:
funny young guy you are, shinobiwan, saying one thing in one tread and different in another.....maybe one should go to Pass, people seems very nice there.....they have someone to respect

Sorry if you took offense there was no malice intended and was light hearted humour. I simply noted that you'd posted the link to gregs site a couple of times before.

I do however fail to see what I've said in one thread and not in another, perhaps you could point it out for me.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
ShinOBIWAN said:

I personally wouldn't buy anything from Greg.

I saw how he conducted himself in the AKSA listening impressions thread shortly before he was sin binned due to his attitude towards others.

I withdraw that comment. Looks like I don't know half the story and thanks to however it was that emailed and corrected me.

I'm such a t**ser sometimes.

ShinOBIWAN said:
I withdraw that comment. Looks like I don't know half the story and thanks to however it was that emailed and corrected me.

I'm such a t**ser sometimes.

you are alright, ShinOBIWAN
everybody is not alike

some people are cold, and more controlled
they doo not let themselves easily get carried away by sudden feelings

others react more spontanious, by impulse
in heat of the moment they may do or say something too strong
at a second look they realize it was too much

I think maybe, ShinOBIWAN and amplifierguru have this in common

AKSA, in my opinion, is a person who thinks closely and more before saying anything

in the end, within reasonable and tolerable limits,
you have to be the one you are
or
it wouldnt be you

and whoever you are
you deserve to get love and respect
in the name of humanity

:)

=====================================

for the record:
I recommended a kit
50 Watt Amplifier module based on TDA7294
in this post ealier in this thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=819817#post819817

... but if you can spend a few more money
I am sure you will be pleased getting an AKSA Amplifier Kit

I still have the aksa 55 pcb's and on-line build manual; I started to try and get a parts order with digikey but it is not as easy as it looks. I still plan to build my version, using sourced parts.

I also have the gb150d coming by mail. It will be interesting to have them both working.

Amp building will have to wait. I am in the process of selling the house and moving, but one day...I can compare these to my mauro penasa myref/rev c.

cheers :)

my aksa progress, wood case, bronze front, marble tile top lid[nice and heavy], stacked aluminum plate heatsink, venting cutout under heatsinks, top lid has air vent along each side.

Attachments

• 2006_0119avatar0009 (custom).jpg
    2006_0119avatar0009 (custom).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 771
For sure I will maximize venting and once working will be able to check heat build up.Looking forward to getting it done, and I can do it; but 1st must finish with the move. [it's so much work!]

cheers
doggy
:) :)

hi Greg;

yes it is the p61-2, when I got these I had little diy experience; now I can do it.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
doggy said:
I still have the aksa 55 pcb's and on-line build manual; I started to try and get a parts order with digikey but it is not as easy as it looks. I still plan to build my version, using sourced parts.

Hi Doggy,

I think you will kick yourself about having the AKSA unbuilt for so many years. It's the P61, isn't it? There are a couple of old threads with lots of advise from Hugh about a few tweaks to get it "up-spec'ed".

Another option, and a VERY GOOD one, is to sent me the boards. You can never have to many AKSAs :D

regards

Those holes may be enougth, if you produce almost the same area upper the cabinet,...

...it can be downwards.....or upwards the enclosure back panel too, but as you know, better to put the holes directly over the heatsink.

The upper holes can be a little bigger in area than the down holes...i perceived that this way cooling works fine.

I perceived you have good space down the enclosure, it will be great to cooling.

Also AKSA do not overheat....the iddle current, quiescent current, stand by current is small...so, average dissipation is not big...a real AB circuit, sligthly underbiased.

regards,

Carlos

capacitor

good morning Carlos and aksa owners;

What make of 100uf caps that are on these aksa boards do you prefer? I had considered panasonic fm but I don't like panasonic fc so that makes me hesitant to use these. Black gate are out of my price range.

any suggestions? most likely will use 1% yaego resistor from digikey.

cheers:wiz:

Hi Doggy,

Yes, there have been a few changes; drivers are now mounted on the heatsink; bias diodes are now replaced by a Vbe multiplier, a phase lead cap has been fitted, tracks are rearranged a little, particularly the input stage and the feedback network, but topologically it's just the same and you won't hear any differences sonically on the stocker. Since your board I have developed upgrades which considerably enhance the sonics.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.