AKSA amplifier kit!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive been reading about these AKSA amplifiers, and i understand that kits can be purchased that include the printed board and the electronic components needed. Where can I purchase such a kit??....I check printedelectronics.com, but thats not even a web site....it says some stuff about aksa amps, but its nothing but advertisements....

Also are there any other amplifiers kits on the market. Something that i put together myself, but wih all neccessary parts included??...thanks guys.

Try aksaonline.com

I have one of their 55 amps kits, what you get is everything except the toroidals, the enclosure and the switches, wire and input output connectors. Hugh Dean offers very good support by email should you have any questions while assembling.

George

Hi George,

Many thanks for pointing the way to RV1890!

We have a young Indonesian friend in Bangalore for 6 weeks doing some software writing. She won the job in Australia; but was educated in Wisconsin. Her Mother is a retired Army Officer from Jakarta, a close friend of my wife.

RV1890,

Thank you for your perseverance! If you would like to talk to me, either email me or chat in this forum. Essentially, there are three levels of amp for both models, the 55W and the 100W. The site is now changed to:

AKSA website

Cheers,

Hugh

"Also are there any other amplifiers kits on the market. Something that i put together myself, but wih all neccessary parts included??...thanks guys."

I bought the GBD150 from Greg Ball and had no problems. An excellent interaction, Greg was prompt and answered all questions. Greg even followed up to see if the kit had arrived and we have had several follow on e-mails. Have not built my kit yet (just arrived), but when ready I will post my evaluations.

Note that the GBD 150 is not an all parts included kit. You will need to provide the chassis, power transformer, heat sink and all chassis hardware. Greg sells the amplifier and a separate power supply. I believe the aksa also requires you to supply some parts (not sure).

Strongly encourage you to contact both Greg and Hugh. While I have had no interaction with Hugh, I believe his service is also excellent (based on positive comments on this board). Based on my experience, Greg will be very straight forward and honest. His amp is worth considering.

Bill

ShinOBIWAN said:

I personally wouldn't buy anything from Greg.

I saw how he conducted himself in the AKSA listening impressions thread shortly before he was sin binned due to his attitude towards others.
I know a member which nick starts with "J", he has also been in the sinbin but I have full confidence for the amps he manufactures so sinbinning is only a sign of bad behavior in the heat of the moment.

wwood said:
Strongly encourage you to contact both Greg and Hugh.
While I have had no interaction with Hugh,
I believe his service is also excellent (based on positive comments on this board).
Based on my experience, Greg will be very straight forward and honest.
His amp is worth considering.

Bill

I wonder why Greg amplifierguru does not come back?
I know Hugh AKSA has not much against him.

AKSA said:
Regrettably Greg Ball is languishing in Texas.
I had nothing to do with this,
and I regret his demise
because it will make him even more bitter.
I don't agree always with his approach,
but I suspect we are closer than he realises.......

Cheers,

Hugh

So, now Greg has the ball....his time guys....ahahaha!

I heard some about Greg Ball...i would like to meet him...to know him and his products....Greg Ball...the name sounds wonderfull...Ball Amp....very nice!

Are his amplifiers good....really?

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• really...are you sure.jpg
    really...are you sure.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,067
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Hi Carlos, how good can a 150watt be.....I like his 300watt....looks very nice to me.....plan to build it with half of its possible power....to get max stability in hard loads....why is it we expect double current when impedance is half....NPass doesnt do that?

Oh my dear, that story of how good an amplifier can be.....well..only the man in the

Paradise can answer that!

All i can imagine is that a 150 watts amplifier will sound clearly stronger than a 75 Watts amplifier.

Also, that the 300 watts amplifier will sound clearly stronger than a 150 watts amplifiers.

The main difference between one 75 watts unit and one 300 watts unit is the price of the speakers to hold all that punch...they will be much more expensive, the coil have to be stronger to receive so big current, need a cooling system for it...the suspension have to be hard....a huge suspension with strong centering device...the magnet will be enormous too

Despite all those differences, i think that the sound pressure may be almost the same...as all speakers move around 2 centímeters maximum....going in and out...producing air molecules negative and positive pression.

A 75 watts amplifier with a 75 watts speaker, will do the job.... almos the same job you will have with a 300 watts amplifiers pumping enormous power over an enormous huge and "hard to move" giant 300 watts speaker.

Needing or wanting more "sound pressure"...you have to install many 30 watts units in series and parallell.... this way, holding 300 watts or more, you will really "make the difference"...more area pumping air...this is different....in this case...well.... earthquake will be the name or your sound system....also many treble units, and many mids....that's it.... a Demolition amplifier, to remove screws from your doors...yeah!

Difference exist...alike a 7.5 litters displacement Super Charger V8, incredible machine, and one smaller 2 litters Japanese High developed, incredible efficient motor, with a ligthweigth car.

When the green ligth turns on...the V8 will be burning tires for many seconds.... will be stopped with the tires turning 2000 RPM..... the japanese car will advance and take a good advantage, till the monster V8 start to move his 2.5 tons of weigth and win the race.

We cannot inter-change those things...to put the V8 in the japanese car, because the car will broke in two pieces and the motor will fell down.

Also we cannot put the small japanese motor in the heavy V8, as it will delay 5 minutes to acelerate till 100 mph.

The 300 Watts amplifier, connected to a 75 watts speaker...BOOOOMMM!

The 75 watts amplifier, connected to a 300 watts speaker may not move it correctly.

Adequation is nice...75 watts speaker and 75 watts amplifier...better that, some speaker that reach its limit of excursion when you excite it with 75 watts!...so.... no distortion, or...small distortion.

What is the better?...well, this i do not know... if you are a nice guy and was not damaged by some bomb that exploded near you in last Iraque war...you will apreciate many nice amplifiers.

If damaged...well...no 300 watts amplifier will fix that.

The good amplifier for me may not be good for you...i want trebles that can broke cristal glasses...and bass that can punch my stomach...other friends wants different things....a perfect Saxophone, Clarinet....acoustic bass...flute sound....well....each one of us is different.... with the bless of God (everyone serves to me...no preferences....he is one!... you can call him the way you want), everyone of us is different....if not...what a boering world...

The boring world will be gray... will rain always over the population heads...each one of them will have their own small gray and rainy clouds over their heads.

The people will say....i do not like...i do not agree....aaaagh....sheet....well...those things

Probable one single amplifier brand will exist in the Boring world....the name..."Boring acoustics limited unlimited incorporated"

Power.... you can buy it with several power levels.....but 50 each channel.

Also the collor can be the one you like, but black.

If you return the amplifier to the factory...they disagree to receive it back...as you cannot make substitution...they will be the same...always the same...hehe

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 000_0557.jpg
    000_0557.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,033
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Hi, Carlos you could be very good in politics....what I think is, comparing a 50watt to a 150watt is like comparing apples and pears.....but if you can build a 150watt with sound qualities like a good 50watt......then you are very clever.....it is even said about PassLab that it is only at its best in heavy loads

Doesnt anybody know why we expect double current when speaker impedance is half....and why PassLab doesnt.

I think you are rigth...i am not clever to produce those things you imagined

But maybe a good politics.

I am happy...someone told me that i am the King of Subjectivists.

My family is calling me "Majesty"....i am having fun with that.

Very nice, to be a kind of something....even King of sheet...of paper, naturally, is something important.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.