AKSA amplifier kit!! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2006, 04:15 PM   #11
wwood is offline wwood  United States
diyAudio Member

"I wonder why Greg amplifierguru does not come back?"

Lineup, no need to wonder, why not ask him?
Old 18th January 2006, 04:18 PM   #12
lineup is offline lineup  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wwood
"I wonder why Greg amplifierguru does not come back?"

Lineup, no need to wonder, why not ask him?
I will ask him if he comes back.
Maybe he will tell us all.

Old 18th January 2006, 06:09 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default So, now Greg has the ball....his time guys....ahahaha!

I heard some about Greg Ball...i would like to meet him...to know him and his products....Greg Ball...the name sounds wonderfull...Ball Amp....very nice!

Are his amplifiers good....really?

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg really...are you sure.jpg (72.3 KB, 978 views)
Old 18th January 2006, 06:47 PM   #14
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

Hi Carlos, how good can a 150watt be.....I like his 300watt....looks very nice to me.....plan to build it with half of its possible power....to get max stability in hard loads....why is it we expect double current when impedance is half....NPass doesnt do that?
Old 18th January 2006, 08:11 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default Oh my dear, that story of how good an amplifier can be.....well..only the man in the

Paradise can answer that!

All i can imagine is that a 150 watts amplifier will sound clearly stronger than a 75 Watts amplifier.

Also, that the 300 watts amplifier will sound clearly stronger than a 150 watts amplifiers.

The main difference between one 75 watts unit and one 300 watts unit is the price of the speakers to hold all that punch...they will be much more expensive, the coil have to be stronger to receive so big current, need a cooling system for it...the suspension have to be hard....a huge suspension with strong centering device...the magnet will be enormous too

Despite all those differences, i think that the sound pressure may be almost the same...as all speakers move around 2 centímeters maximum....going in and out...producing air molecules negative and positive pression.

A 75 watts amplifier with a 75 watts speaker, will do the job.... almos the same job you will have with a 300 watts amplifiers pumping enormous power over an enormous huge and "hard to move" giant 300 watts speaker.

Needing or wanting more "sound pressure"...you have to install many 30 watts units in series and parallell.... this way, holding 300 watts or more, you will really "make the difference"...more area pumping air...this is different....in this case...well.... earthquake will be the name or your sound system....also many treble units, and many mids....that's it.... a Demolition amplifier, to remove screws from your doors...yeah!

Difference exist...alike a 7.5 litters displacement Super Charger V8, incredible machine, and one smaller 2 litters Japanese High developed, incredible efficient motor, with a ligthweigth car.

When the green ligth turns on...the V8 will be burning tires for many seconds.... will be stopped with the tires turning 2000 RPM..... the japanese car will advance and take a good advantage, till the monster V8 start to move his 2.5 tons of weigth and win the race.

We cannot inter-change those things...to put the V8 in the japanese car, because the car will broke in two pieces and the motor will fell down.

Also we cannot put the small japanese motor in the heavy V8, as it will delay 5 minutes to acelerate till 100 mph.

The 300 Watts amplifier, connected to a 75 watts speaker...BOOOOMMM!

The 75 watts amplifier, connected to a 300 watts speaker may not move it correctly.

Adequation is nice...75 watts speaker and 75 watts amplifier...better that, some speaker that reach its limit of excursion when you excite it with 75 watts!...so.... no distortion, or...small distortion.

What is the better?...well, this i do not know... if you are a nice guy and was not damaged by some bomb that exploded near you in last Iraque war...you will apreciate many nice amplifiers.

If damaged...well...no 300 watts amplifier will fix that.

The good amplifier for me may not be good for you...i want trebles that can broke cristal glasses...and bass that can punch my stomach...other friends wants different things....a perfect Saxophone, Clarinet....acoustic bass...flute sound....well....each one of us is different.... with the bless of God (everyone serves to me...no preferences....he is one!... you can call him the way you want), everyone of us is different....if not...what a boering world...

The boring world will be gray... will rain always over the population heads...each one of them will have their own small gray and rainy clouds over their heads.

The people will say....i do not like...i do not agree....aaaagh....sheet....well...those things

Probable one single amplifier brand will exist in the Boring world....the name..."Boring acoustics limited unlimited incorporated"

Power.... you can buy it with several power levels.....but 50 each channel.

Also the collor can be the one you like, but black.

If you return the amplifier to the factory...they disagree to receive it back...as you cannot make substitution...they will be the same...always the same...hehe

regards,

Carlos

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0557.jpg (76.7 KB, 944 views)
Old 18th January 2006, 08:44 PM   #16

Hi, Carlos you could be very good in politics....what I think is, comparing a 50watt to a 150watt is like comparing apples and pears.....but if you can build a 150watt with sound qualities like a good 50watt......then you are very clever.....it is even said about PassLab that it is only at its best in heavy loads

Doesnt anybody know why we expect double current when speaker impedance is half....and why PassLab doesnt.
Old 18th January 2006, 08:48 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default I think you are rigth...i am not clever to produce those things you imagined

But maybe a good politics.

I am happy...someone told me that i am the King of Subjectivists.

My family is calling me "Majesty"....i am having fun with that.

Very nice, to be a kind of something....even King of sheet...of paper, naturally, is something important.

regards,

Carlos
Old 18th January 2006, 08:50 PM   #18

Sorry, I got off topic!
Old 18th January 2006, 09:02 PM   #19
Bare is offline Bare  Canada
diyAudio Member

Bottlehead.com Good product, exceptionally good sound, ALL parts included, reasonably Priced given you have to supply Nothing but your time and tools.

Oooops... Sorry These are Tube Amps, still damned good ones tho :-)
Old 18th January 2006, 10:44 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally posted by ShinOBIWAN
I personally wouldn't buy anything from Greg.
Bummer,
now i have to get a set of boards from Mr Ball, and keep them.

Yoehoe, Mr Guru Ball
Come out, come out, wherever you are

Hide this!Advertise here!