Hot Follower 99

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have used diamond buffers (never seen before :nod: ) in some of my designs and I did some experimenting with higher currents. My conclusion was that it got quite unstable (the bias) with a big ratio between the driver transistor and the output transistor. 1:5 works good.

As a power unit I think this never seen design needs a bit more development.

peranders said:

1) I have used diamond buffers (never seen before :nod: ) in some of my designs and I did some experimenting with higher currents.
My conclusion was that it got quite unstable (the bias) with a big ratio between the driver transistor and the output transistor. 1:5 works good.

Dear Mr. Peranders,

1) speaking of the diamond topology I remember a headphone amp with no gain (i.e. a buffer) suitable for Grado headphones that had really impressive figures.
The idea of building a high current diamond buffer is very intriguing indeed.

That said what do you think of the power section of the attached schematic ?
It is so basic that even it seems just not possible it works!
Does it has any chance to sound good?

Thank you very much indeed.
Kind regards,

beppe

Attachments

• lab10-amp.png
    lab10-amp.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 426
peranders said:
I have used diamond buffers (never seen before :nod: ) in some of my designs and I did some experimenting with higher currents. My conclusion was that it got quite unstable (the bias) with a big ratio between the driver transistor and the output transistor. 1:5 works good.

My Power Diamond Buffer is quite stable, and now a Taiwan Audio
company is preparing to mass product this Power Follower with
their own 10dB step-up IPT.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71557

This is their all-in-one PCB

Attachments

• s-dsc01-pcb.jpg
    s-dsc01-pcb.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 368
Power Follower 99C

Hello

I'm in the process to give a try to the Power Follower 99C .Unfortunately I don't know how to contact to Andrea .
I do not have his E-mail address .
I have a question
On the schematic there is one 2k2 resistor and one 220R
On the layout there is two 2k2 resistor and no 220R .:confused:
I dont know which one is correct .Can someone help me lease with these problem .
Thank you very much :D

Greets gabor

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Follower_99b_layout1.gif
    Follower_99b_layout1.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Follower_99c.gif
    Follower_99c.gif
    29.2 KB · Views: 142
Hello

I'm in the process to give a try to the Power Follower 99C .Unfortunately I don't know how to contact to Andrea .
I do not have his E-mail address .
I have a question
On the schematic there is one 2k2 resistor and one 220R
On the layout there is two 2k2 resistor and no 220R .:confused:
I dont know which one is correct .Can someone help me lease with these problem .
Thank you very much :D

Greets gabor

about
Audio Design Guide
I read:
Use ciuffoly@gmail.com to contact me with Windows Live Messenger to get real-time help on my projects.
and
Use webmaster@audiodesignguide.com to contact me by email to get information on my projects.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.