John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier - Page 1955 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 13th June 2009, 07:42 PM   #19541
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by syn08
You need another kind of reputation that that of a famous audio designers to be appreciated in a pub
John seems to be a very interesting guy with lots of things to tell. Nice company for a pub!
Regards

Old 13th June 2009, 07:45 PM   #19542
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally posted by Juergen Knoop

John seems to be a very interesting guy with lots of things to tell. Nice company for a pub!
Yep. Without John this pub is certainly boring, see the last two weeks

Old 14th June 2009, 06:39 PM   #19543
diyAudio Member

I think that I have found a secret impugner of my reputation. Anyone want to offer any evidence?
This is the point: I have worked diligently for decades to make better audio. I do it for a living, so it is easier for me to have tried more things than many here. I don't really 'cut-and-try' at random, but I listen to what has worked for others, as well as myself, and I don't deliberately push people away by telling them that something is 'impossible'.
The more we are educated by the 'system' the less we are inclined to accept 'new' information. Ever talk to your MD doctor about your favorite vitamin supplement? Same thing.
A few weeks ago, I accidently came across an input to TAN, a network that was popular, before the internet got going, bigtime. It was 13 years old! Yet, I was debating at the AES, EXACTLY the same stuff that I get, from Syn08, Cordell, et al exactly as I get here, today. I am apparently wasting my time, as Dimitri has already collected my inputs on the internet for the last 10 years, and put them up for anyone to read. I just don't have enough time left to waste my time, repeating myself. I 'may' have 10 more years, if that, given the state of my associates and their maladies, and I have come to realize that nobody is going to change the direction of this thread, except me.

Old 14th June 2009, 07:46 PM   #19544
diyAudio Member

PMA, did you analyze the input stage that Scott put up?

Old 14th June 2009, 08:09 PM   #19545
PMA is offline PMA  Europe
Design engineer, consultant
diyAudio Member

Not yet, I have been actually more than busy.

Old 14th June 2009, 08:27 PM   #19546
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the quick response, anyway. At least you might give it a fair hearing.

Old 14th June 2009, 08:36 PM   #19547
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I've removed a bunch of OT posts that dealt with personalities.

Old 14th June 2009, 08:43 PM   #19548
diyAudio Member

Thanks SY (I think), I am not interested in making your job more difficult or time-consuming, in fact it is embarrassing to me that you have to do it. I will try to be less 'inflammatory' in future, if possible.

Old 14th June 2009, 08:50 PM   #19549
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by john curl
Thanks for the quick response, anyway. At least you might give it a fair hearing.
I would love to see if this circuit is more suitable for discrete applications. I have to be careful and not make any lawyers unhappy so in this case I have to stick with simply pointing out what's there already (and in the public domain).

Old 14th June 2009, 08:56 PM   #19550
diyAudio Member

I agree, Scott.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!