problems with mofset car ampilifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi im having some problems with a 12v car amplifier i dont think any of that mofsets or transorferms are gone becuse it still works some times thats the problem it works some times and other dosent have any power i have had i look in side but when i did everythink worked there arnt to many wires to go loose and i have allredy tried that

thanks in advanced

ps. i am after a power supply to power it but carnt find any with the power that it needs i have come acrosss a forum saying you can make one with two pc power supply but they are useing 400w ones i only have 200w's

as has been said already, it's probably dry joint's somewhere. the amp heats up and the conection is lost. have a look at all the solder joints with a magnifying glass and see if you can see any that look cracked atall or look dull, if you find any liek that then resolder them. if you do this and it is still not working then report back and we will try and help track down the problem. I'm not sure this thread is int he right place though?
Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.