Any class A amp with 2SK1058/2SJ162 ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I searched for 2SK1058 here.
I found several schematics.
Not for full Class A, but would be something to start working with.

2SK1058 / SJ162 is a very good choice.
They have been popular in amplifier outputs.

I am almost sure you will find some others interested in making such a project.
:)

Hi,
push pull presumably?

+-22Vdc rails will give about 17W into 8ohm at 60 phase angle. The output bias current needs to be about 1100mA (24W/FET) for full classA into 8r.
It will go to 25W into 4r at 55 degree phase angle but most of this is classAB, unless you increase the bias to 1800mA (40W/FET, very hot!).

Try a simple ClassAB design modified to high bias. If you like the sound you will only have to change the voltage amp PCB for another and the cost will be quite low. The big cost is in the PSU, sink and case.

At these very high temps it might be worth thermally coupling the bias control to the output sinks. Even using radiation coupling might be enough to start cutting back on the bias as the temps come up. I have 400mA on a resistive bias control and it appears OK.

Look at dddac.de.
He has made several very nice things and a mosfet amplifier wich can be used as a poweramp, or a integrated amp (then use a tube !!!) Yes it is a hybride amp. At the moment I am playing with a tube preamp (just finished the latest version) and the mosfet-poweramp.
Look alos at my site at the TUMOS-project (sorry it is written in dutch but the pictures show everything).

Oh and DDDAC is selling also PCB (without profit just for diy'ers)

for TUMOS see this link: http://dddac.de/op06.htm

succes,

and happy newyear and al the best for 2006

TUMOS

Jan Deckers said:
Look at dddac.de.
He has made several very nice things and a mosfet amplifier wich can be used as a poweramp, or a integrated amp (then use a tube !!!) Yes it is a hybride amp. At the moment I am playing with a tube preamp (just finished the latest version) and the mosfet-poweramp.
Look alos at my site at the TUMOS-project (sorry it is written in dutch but the pictures show everything).

Oh and DDDAC is selling also PCB (without profit just for diy'ers)

for TUMOS see this link: http://dddac.de/op06.htm

succes,

and happy newyear and al the best for 2006

Can anyone help me build TUMOS?
Jan Deckers Website is dead I think...

This Zenquito amp looks interesting. I already have some MOSFETs which might be suitable since in Rod Elliots P101 amp they are substitutable. The Exicon 10N16 and 10P16, which are T03 devices; I have 9 pairs which I got for 84p :eek: . Any ideas if they would work in this too? Also is there much chance of it working properly on stripboard (or at least low level on stripboard and power devices on copper clad board)? I think as a tweeter amp in an active 3 way, 10W class A then into AB to give 40-50W maximum, should be good :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.