AP System 1 vs. System 2 (and what can they do)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am interested in obtaining a AP system model 2 (think the model 1 has been superceeded).

Obviously these units can measure THD. Measuring PSRR is off interest.

The most critical part I am interested in, is whether they can plot a graph (presumably on a pc) that shows loop gain and phase up to the unity gain point. Like you see in some graphs on op amp datasheets. ie. the easier way :)

To be honest, I ain't good enough to do NFB calculations. Think some people have mentioned the middlebrook technique and such things as breaking the feedback loop apart and using a network anaylizer etc.

Can these AP systems do this ? (would probably have to get someone to use it)

Help appreciatted

Kevin

It seems to me the really tricky part of amplifiers is the NFB loop and subsequent compensation methods used.

Would like to use dual pole compensation in a discrete linear regulator (because it can sustain it's PSRR upto higher frequencies) . Also experiment with PLIL compensation on a JLH mosfet design etc.

To be honest I would be quite happy to pay some one to do this!!

Best Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin Bd,

I have used the AP test sets a few times when working for companies that had them. I only ever used them for THD, harmonic analysis, crosstalk, noise and the like. I don't think this what your looking for. Another audio analyser can be found closer to home -

http://www.insidehi-fi.co.uk/cp/0901-prism/0901-prism.htm

But a sim program will roughly sort your design, then it's just fine tuning if your models are good.

I'll have a look at your ccts for you if you send me the details.

Cheers,
Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.