Hafler XL 280

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I have a Hafler xl 280 amp and hafler preamp. I bought it years ago, but haven't listened much in the past few years. Anyhow...its seems that one channel went out on it recently...now I can't seem to get any sound out of it. I checked the fuses and they were ok..also check wires, etc. You could get a little distorted sound out of the right channel if you turned the volume all the way up...but that's it. Is this worth fixing? If so...where do I take it? Is there any other used amp selling for pretty low that is a bargain to replace this?

I'd check all of the fuses with a continuity checker including the speaker fuses. I can't remember, does it have relays on the outputs?

Also, check the filter caps. I've owned 4 Haflers that only needed new filter caps. If the amp has been sitting a long time, it's not unlikely that they are bad. You might get by with reforming them.

Blessings, Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.