Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 13th December 2005, 05:48 PM   #1
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Default E books thread deleted

There was a thread removed for egregious copyright violations and solicitations for copyright violation. This is unacceptable practice here. We will discuss moderator action.

Old 13th December 2005, 06:20 PM   #2
audioPT is offline audioPT  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Are you shure, SY?

Since 08-27-2002 I have been here helping, ans now I give up the Forum...

Moderators don't need to take any action.

So if you please,
DELETE MY ACCOUNT FROM THIS FORUM!
Also ALL my HISTORICAL from the database!

I think moderation here is going into a level that hurts seriously the DIY Community.

If the "E-Books thread" violate copyrights, 66% OF THE POSTS IN THIS FORUM are doing THE SAME!

Sorry for this, but it's very true!

The AIM of this FORUM isn't help people LEARN? Do you know that a lot, maybe 80%, of books like the one trated in the thread can't be buyed in some countries, between a lot more complicated and burocratic matters?!

Well, I end here my text. Also my contribution.

I wish the Forum and ALL DIY'ERS all over the World
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Old 13th December 2005, 06:37 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Boo!

Old 13th December 2005, 07:07 PM   #4
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by audioPT
Do you know that a lot, maybe 80%, of books like the one trated in the thread can't be buyed in some countries, between a lot more complicated and burocratic matters?!

this is completelly true

Old 13th December 2005, 07:19 PM   #5
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
The AIM of this FORUM isn't help people LEARN?
Yes it is. And that's desirable as long as it isn't done by the wholesale theft of another person's property. When you post the entire contents of a copyrighted work, as you did, you are stealing from the author.

The "you can't buy it everywhere" excuse is nonsense. AudioPT is in Portugal which, last I checked, was part of the EU. The book whose stolen content was posted here is published in the EU.

Old 13th December 2005, 07:29 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SY

Yes it is. And that's desirable as long as it isn't done by the wholesale theft of another person's property. When you post the entire contents of a copyrighted work, as you did, you are stealing from the author.

The "you can't buy it everywhere" excuse is nonsense. AudioPT is in Portugal which, last I checked, was part of the EU. The book whose stolen content was posted here is published in the EU.
Be awere of what you are writing... I can enumerate all the Countries where people CAN'T BUY ANYTHING!!!

US, Europe, Japan and Australia is where you CAN BUY EVERYTHING.

Try Serbia and Montenegro, for example... If you want a Donut, you must go outside the Country and buy it!...

But there is nothing to worry about!
Right? You can get any book you need...

Old 13th December 2005, 07:31 PM   #7
diyAudio Moderator

Well, then, let's just open things up to steal anything from anyone because somewhere ther's someone who can't buy it.

Sorry, theft is theft, and you can't rationalize that.

Old 13th December 2005, 07:37 PM   #8
Banned

what book was that,not my friend's i woud guess, some people
write books for a living they dont have any other source of income
so it goes without saying that we all should respect their copyright, what we could share i would guess would be texts from
educational institutions whose copyrights have become public
domain,it is sad to see another contributing mamber go, i understand his passion to share these stuff

regards

Old 13th December 2005, 07:42 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Take the bike, SY!

If I steal something... all people here also do it!

I'm sorry, but I think you don't know well Copyright Laws... Don't forget US Law is VERY different from all other Laws in the World!...

You say "THEFT", EU Laws say: "use without permission".

If you can read, you get the difference...

And I think is better ending this conversation right here.

The forum users don't deserve watch this...

The only problem here, is the way moderators treat problems like this (I'm refering to SY).

The simplest way is an private email saying Copyrights are being violated and I delete the post right away. But no...

From here into the future, I'll only answer to Mr. Douglas Self and Newnes Press.

Old 13th December 2005, 07:43 PM   #10
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi audioPT,
It is not legal to post the entire, or substantial part of the works of a published author unless you have permission. This is a legal issue, not one that we can decide. You can take exerts to prove your point, I'm thinking a sentence or two, and give reference to the work and author.

I understand you are trying to help others, but the legal aspect can not be ignored. Nor can the authors' right to be compensated for his work.

Diyaudio really has no choice here. The decision is not ours to make, the law is clear on this point.

-Chris

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!