E books thread deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you shure, SY?
:redhot::redhot::redhot::redhot:

Since 08-27-2002 I have been here helping, ans now I give up the Forum...

Moderators don't need to take any action.

So if you please,
DELETE MY ACCOUNT FROM THIS FORUM!
Also ALL my HISTORICAL from the database!

I think moderation here is going into a level that hurts seriously the DIY Community.

If the "E-Books thread" violate copyrights, 66% OF THE POSTS IN THIS FORUM are doing THE SAME!

Sorry for this, but it's very true!

The AIM of this FORUM isn't help people LEARN? Do you know that a lot, maybe 80%, of books like the one trated in the thread can't be buyed in some countries, between a lot more complicated and burocratic matters?!

Well, I end here my text. Also my contribution.:firefite:

I wish the Forum and ALL DIY'ERS all over the World
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
:santa2:

The AIM of this FORUM isn't help people LEARN?

Yes it is. And that's desirable as long as it isn't done by the wholesale theft of another person's property. When you post the entire contents of a copyrighted work, as you did, you are stealing from the author.

The "you can't buy it everywhere" excuse is nonsense. AudioPT is in Portugal which, last I checked, was part of the EU. The book whose stolen content was posted here is published in the EU.

SY said:

Yes it is. And that's desirable as long as it isn't done by the wholesale theft of another person's property. When you post the entire contents of a copyrighted work, as you did, you are stealing from the author.

The "you can't buy it everywhere" excuse is nonsense. AudioPT is in Portugal which, last I checked, was part of the EU. The book whose stolen content was posted here is published in the EU.

Be awere of what you are writing... I can enumerate all the Countries where people CAN'T BUY ANYTHING!!!

US, Europe, Japan and Australia is where you CAN BUY EVERYTHING.

Try Serbia and Montenegro, for example... If you want a Donut, you must go outside the Country and buy it!...

But there is nothing to worry about!
Right? You can get any book you need...

what book was that,not my friend's i woud guess, some people
write books for a living they dont have any other source of income
so it goes without saying that we all should respect their copyright, what we could share i would guess would be texts from
educational institutions whose copyrights have become public
domain,it is sad to see another contributing mamber go, i understand his passion to share these stuff

regards

Take the bike, SY!

If I steal something... all people here also do it!

I'm sorry, but I think you don't know well Copyright Laws... Don't forget US Law is VERY different from all other Laws in the World!...

You say "THEFT", EU Laws say: "use without permission".

If you can read, you get the difference...

And I think is better ending this conversation right here.

The forum users don't deserve watch this...

The only problem here, is the way moderators treat problems like this (I'm refering to SY).

The simplest way is an private email saying Copyrights are being violated and I delete the post right away. But no... :smash:

From here into the future, I'll only answer to Mr. Douglas Self and Newnes Press.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi audioPT,
It is not legal to post the entire, or substantial part of the works of a published author unless you have permission. This is a legal issue, not one that we can decide. You can take exerts to prove your point, I'm thinking a sentence or two, and give reference to the work and author.

I understand you are trying to help others, but the legal aspect can not be ignored. Nor can the authors' right to be compensated for his work.

Diyaudio really has no choice here. The decision is not ours to make, the law is clear on this point.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.