Marantz PM66 KI tweeks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
markusb said:
Hi Every one,

Have been busy on the resistor - found the 47 ohm resistor - has gone open as suggested. Bought new 47 ohm resistor and replaced. Thurned amp on and voila....... many many thanks I cant tell you how greatful I am. I love this amp.

I will keep track of your mods, thought to be honest they are beyond my current abilities.

All the very best!!

Mark

:) :D

Excellent mate, pleased for you ;-)

Brent

Re: PM66SE

Reuske said:
Hey Guys,

Me is new here too, been surfing for a while now and the only thing constructive on Marantz PM66 is here.

So I got a Marantz PM66SE, which has a big offset in the right channel and a lot of cracking when turning up the volume. Is someone familiar with this problem and the fixing part?

The other channel sounds better but I have to turn up the volume a lot to get some action.

Stupid me lent it to a nephew (young) which had a big party..... So overheating should probably be the cause.

All help would be great!!!!

Thx & Cheers,
Reinoud

Firstly I would flip the amp over and cut out the removable plate. Have a look around for a dry joint.
Also try the cd player in to a different input (IE AUX) as you may have a dry on the cd input.

Brent

Hi,

This is my lightly modded PM66 KI-S. It's amazing what you can get them to do ;)

Pete

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
nuts 'n bolts

Hi Pete,
You need to use the browse button below to attach an image from your own hard drive. File size is restricted.

You can use the "IMG" button to point to a file hosting service or directory accessable from the web.

-Chris

rowemeister said:
LOL

Is that still classed as a PM66

Nice work though. What are the main details of this mate?

Brent

It says PM66 on the front.

It's probably still got as many original parts as your CD player!

:D

Seriously, though. It's a couple of ZAppulse modules and sidewinder PSU (all from LC audio) hooked up to a 450va toroid. It should be putting out about 200w per channel.

When I had my CD63 KI modded I decided I needed some more amplifier to do it justice and I wanted to keep the matching look in the rack!

Regards

Pete

SimontY said:
Looks very nice, is that class D amplification?

How does it compare to the unmodded Marantz amp??

Simon

Hi SImon,

Yes, it's Class D.

Compared to the PM66 it's a lot more detailed. There were a few changes to the CD player around the same time so a bit of the improvement may be down to that. Basically there just seems to be more of everything.

Pete

Hi, I am fairly new to this fabulous forum. I have extensively modded my cd63ki and have now started on my pm6010ki. Changed caps new volume pot (lossed remote volume) etc. Rowemeister any chance on getting more info on how you connected cd to direct switch please?

Well it's been a while since I modded my amp as i've been working on mains cables and filters.

Yesterday whilst wondering about a bigger VA tx the penny dropped and I remembered I had a spare KI tx.

Here is the result....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Brent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.