Marantz PM66 KI tweeks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I received my heatsink components late yesterday. I have mounted the main part into my test amp and have rested the veins up against it.

So this should give some idea of the final look.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Brent

Morning Brent,

I was looking at the schematics of the 66 and the 6010 which are practically identical.

The 6010 lists the input cap as 220uF but the 66 as 22uF.

Looking at the impedances involved 220uF look awfully large.

What is used? If it IS 220uF why do you think it's so big?

Even 22uF is a bit on the big side. My old Rotel had 1uF film.

Confused... unless I looked at the wrong part.:xeye:

I have bolted my heatsinks together and will leave over the weekend as the compound keeps spunking out. I will then torque up the bolts again and clean up ready for fitment.

They will also add extra mass to the cd player lifting the heatsink weight from 360g to 1.82Kg. Amp should be approx 13Kg

Brent

Input caps

rowemeister said:
Its actually 220uF on the 66 too. Lots of errors on the sch, but when you look at the parts list its right. They corrected them mistakes on the 6010 sch.

I swapped mine for the BG AC 50V 10uF. I picked 10uF as the output caps in the cd are BG AC 6.8uF.

Brent

Hi Brent

Which are the input caps on this amp?

I've done most of the mods on your list from a while back when you posted the pics of your bazookas, but the BG AC 50 isn't listed.

I'd also like to do the Schottky bridge mod but not sure how to do it. I've found schematics on how to put a bridge together from schottkys but to be honest it was a bit over my head.
I'd really appreciate any tips.

Ps any further with the 3020SE in your dining room - you seem to have been busy recently. :smash:

PPS EXCELLENT new heatsinks they're even bigger than the Kenny now!!:bigeyes:

Regards

Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.