Marantz PM66 KI tweeks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

It has been 3 year since the last post on this thread, I have a PM66 KI that has been in storage for a few years now, I have own this thing for 20+ year now. On turning it on I do not get the click I am sure was there before.
I don't current have any speaker available to attach to it but i presume there will be no output. Headphones have output but only on both left and right channels when in direct mode. (Without direct mode on the left channel works)

I am confident I can fix the output issue from this thread, However I would also like to try some of the tweaks, assuming I get the output working again.
I have scan read most of the pages in the thread, but could do with a summing up of the question below from those in the know.

1: Is it worth it considering its age and who hard it may be to find component mentioned now?
2: If people can remember, which tweaks gave the best results in terms of sound.
3: which are the easiest to do I am not a electronic expert, but can solder, own a decent multi meter and can follow instructions? (Mostly)

Thanks In Advance
Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.