Changing Volume Pot - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2005, 07:43 PM   #1
9am53 is offline 9am53  Canada
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ontario
Send a message via MSN to 9am53
Default Changing Volume Pot

Hello, I am deciding to keep my Kenwood KR-920B for now, but I need to change the volume pot...I thought it would the usual 3 or 4 prong pot that I see in my guitar amps and PAs, but it isnt. It has many aprongs and I dont know where they all go and what they do...does nayone know where to get these weird pots? I talked to Kenwood and they say they dont have any and dont know where to get them...
Guitar is Good
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2005, 07:29 PM   #2
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Scottish Borders
seems typical of "change the design and de-stock all the spares" every 6 months. Very Oriental.

Try to work out what the main in and outs are.
You may find that there are extra feeds to a filter circuit to mimic frequency boost when playing low volume.

The stereo pot will need everything duplicated for each channel. You will need, as a minimum, a two channel pot with a total of six pins that mechanically match your existing. The extra pins could be left off once you know what they do.
regards Andrew T.
Sent from my desktop computer using a keyboard
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volume control on DVD player remote. Lose resolution at low volume? Circlotron Digital Source 2 10th June 2011 07:20 PM
changing longtail kathodyne Tubes / Valves 12 17th May 2005 04:54 PM
Changing ZEN to Ret. of ZEN boq Pass Labs 1 28th May 2004 10:30 AM
2 way crossover changing Q ??????? norman bates Multi-Way 2 17th January 2004 08:04 AM
Changing BF's for MJE's Bensen Solid State 2 27th May 2003 05:39 AM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2