Changing Volume Pot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I am deciding to keep my Kenwood KR-920B for now, but I need to change the volume pot...I thought it would the usual 3 or 4 prong pot that I see in my guitar amps and PAs, but it isnt. It has many aprongs and I dont know where they all go and what they do...does nayone know where to get these weird pots? I talked to Kenwood and they say they dont have any and dont know where to get them...

Hi,
seems typical of "change the design and de-stock all the spares" every 6 months. Very Oriental.

Try to work out what the main in and outs are.
You may find that there are extra feeds to a filter circuit to mimic frequency boost when playing low volume.

The stereo pot will need everything duplicated for each channel. You will need, as a minimum, a two channel pot with a total of six pins that mechanically match your existing. The extra pins could be left off once you know what they do.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.