bridging channels on stereo reciever

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have a Kenwood KR-920B stereo reciever which I use for my phonograph, I am bidding on a Technics SA-R277 on ebay. I was just thinking, my main issue with the Kenwood is volume, I would like MORE. I think the technics has more wattege/channel, but I think I will still be lacking. I was thinking if its possible to bridge the 2 "Speaker A" and "Speaker B" channels so that I still have stereo, but I have only one speaker combination. Thanks, I hope this isnt confusing.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
9am53 said:
or would that be a huge mission?

You might be able to bridge both amps, but that would give you a bridged Technics and a bridged Kenwood, so two mono amps of different types. Do you actually know what bridging means?

Just sell both and buy a bigger amp. Or keep one, sell the other and your current speakers, and buy more senstive speakers.

I have a couple of KLH 15" 4 way "linear dynamics" that are rated 120Wrms. They sound superb with 25W RMS music power...considering I currently live in an apartment complex.:rolleyes: I don't want to be a total jerk... The thing is they are 4 Ohm. Impedance matching is important. So I designed and built an amp to do just that.:angel: If your speakers are 8Ohms, you should not have a problem finding a quality home amp.:)

cool, well the drivers are I belive 8 Ohm...but on the back of the reciever it says 4 to 16 ohm output...does that mean it adjusts to the speakers on its own, or should I go inside and change something...
Also...I am not and audiophile...but aspire to be one:D I feel that the receiver speaker combo I have sounds quite well, but really dont know. from what I understand the speakers are not the best...but I feel they sound good enough...is the reciever a weak link though? For good stereo sound should I consider replacing it, or is it good enough? I used to think solid state guitar amps sounded better...but forced myself to try tube ampsbecause those in the know claimed they were better, and now I totally see the light (so to speak), for HIFI solid state is beter right...ie better reproduction w/out distortion? or are tubes superior here as well? sorry about the random questions...but I like good sound, and I find its really kind of addicting!!!lol, thanks guys and gals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.