ETI480 blown fuse... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th November 2005, 01:05 PM   #1
bezel6 is offline bezel6  Australia
diyAudio Member

Unhappy ETI480 blown fuse...

Hello all...
I have 2 ETI480 modules that I started approx 20 years ago. I had both together and working but while setting up a 10 yo girl threw a screwdriver in while the system was on. ( Long story, spoilt girl )..
One of the modules got smoked. Now this is from a 20 year ago memory but I replaced all the trannies and some other stuff but when I turned it on it would blow one of the 1.5A fuses. From memory the other module still worked fine. I am currently making a jukebox and found this aborted project in a box and would like to finally get them going and use them in the jukebox.

Problem is I don't have the orig documentation etc. any more, a few of the wires from powersupply and etc have come off and I am not sure where they go either.

Could anyone help me with ideas with what is causing the fuse to blow and how to troubleshoot it I also need info on wiring and setup of AMP modules if/when I get the second one working.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Bezel6.
Old 29th November 2005, 11:25 PM   #2
bezel6 is offline bezel6  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hello all...
I have managed to get construction documents for the ETI 480 Amp and the powersupply I used.
I have checked powersupply and switched on with no amp modules, works fine with good voltage on all points. I have hooked up the hopefully working ETI 480 and will test tonight once I pick up some 100 Ohm 1/2 watt resistors as stated in instructions.

If this module is working I will use it to try and get the other Module fixed...

My question now is does anyone know approx what the output voltage is from most PC sound cards. I need to know as the ETI 480 requires approx 1volt from memory so don't know if I need a preamp between them... I am using a soundcard with a 4DWave chip by triton, can't seem to find any data on it via surfing...

When completed the project will be a Jukebox. I want it working for my wedding early Feb....

Thanks for any help...

David....

Hide this!Advertise here!