Krell Ksa-250 Schematics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hmmm. There may be a delay...

Soft Start board (?)
Grounded Grid (?)
Top secret Valve linestage
LM4781 project with 24dB LW crossovers
Krell mechanical construction
Finish Mini A
Bryston Clone
USB DAC
Bench PSU
MAX038 Sig generator

How does two years Monday sound?

pinkmouse said:
Hmmm. There may be a delay...

Soft Start board (?)
Grounded Grid (?)
Top secret Valve linestage
LM4781 project with 24dB LW crossovers
Krell mechanical construction
Finish Mini A
Bryston Clone
USB DAC
Bench PSU
MAX038 Sig generator

How does two years Monday sound?

I have also some kind of list like that! :xeye:
Too many projects, too little time.

I have a KSA150 that had a little problem and was sent to Len Wallis to sort out.

Six months later the entire amp was rebuilt with almost every board being diagnosed. At one point they were suggesting I sent it to Krell to fix. They said it's the most complicated amp they have ever worked on.

It went in after the soft start circuit failed and then a tiny saw wave of about 1hz was moving the speaker. this was not related at all to input or volume. It just was always there. One day it just went into whit noise fuzz and I shut it down.

It's back now and sounding great but I am still not too happy with the soft startup circuit.

Best of luck with your repair.

I am always on the lookout for another KSA150...

Hi Null,
what does the soft start do?
Are there two of them?
Is it a short time delay using resistors and relay to reduce the peak start up current into the fluxless transformer?
Or does it have a longer time delay that reduces the start up peak current and also reduces the power input to the transformer and thus attempts (badly) to reduce charging current into the smoothing caps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.