Whats the deal on AC line filters.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As i see it i have thre options...

1; buy and IEC plug with integrated filter

2; John rich filter....hard to get parts

3; Make a totaly overkilled filter with 3pc of 1,7mH 0,02R coils for each phase and so on...

BTW should i filter the Ground wire aswell?

any suggestions the filter will be built in to the amp the rest of the PS will be a 9Kg 900VA toroid wit approx 0,2F of capasitance after...(yes i got a big fat softstart circuit...)

/micke

I'm using a Schaffner FN282-6 IEC plug with integrated filter, fuse-holders and power switch. It works great. But last week I blew up the built in power switch, so now I must buy a softstart circuit.
Elfa sells the "FN282-6", art.nr. 69-673-76.

What softstart circuit are you using? I'm thinking of buying the lcaudio.dk. digital softstart.

/Freddie

i use a cap to lover the AC line voltage...(throug its reactance...dosn´t produce heat...as a resistor would..) the power is feed to a cap and when it is full the power goes to the relay in the meantime ...a couple of secounds i let the power go through a 100R 20W resistor..

I have schaffner on my cd and preamp as of now but im thinking of something more extreme....

/micke

that integrated schaffner was a bit pricey....i need 2 u se...

Why would you want a IC controlled soft start....completely unnecisarry...(IMHO)....but hey its your monney...

BTW i will have my aleph boxes professionaly made..=) rockon.....CNC laser machines.....=)

/micke

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.