50 watt MOSFET AMPLIFIER

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Richie00boy,

The bias is set tobe very little (less than 10mA), so I think (tought , actually) it won't be a problem. That is many years ago. It should work fine with K1058, but this device is much more expensive, not appropriate with the kit's price.

This cct has too many problem. Lack of VBE multiplier. Very dependant on supply rail.

I've removed it.

The main intention of making my website is to share knowledge. I don't think even a glance that it can make people dislikes me. Right, AndrewT?

Stability of QC depend also on heat conductivity of heatsink - if conductivity will be large and QC small, probably this amp will be working OK ( little fluctuations of QC exist in every amps ) ;). But remember, that in this case must be heatsink bigger than " normal " in oposite case is danger of " avalanche " of QC...

Hi, Upupa Epops,

You are right. The heatsink plays the whole control in determining "dead or alive" in an amp which do not have thermal tracking. Many "economic" design now (hifi or car amp) do not use thermal tracking at all, just relying on the capability of the heatsink to dissipate heat. Even when they are using bipolars or Vmos output device.

I noticed something (maybe you won't agree with this one :D). The more "primitive" the biasing scheme is, the better the sound (and offcourse the worse in danger of heat failure).

Biasing scheme :
-String of diodes sounds better than VBE multiplier.
-Simple R/VR sounds better than string of diodes. (but using only R/VR requires suitable devices, like the mosfet100 schematic in my website which uses K1058/J162). And offcourse, bigger (=more insurance) heatsink.......

Can someone redesign the circuit so it can work and sound like a 50 watt mosfet amplifier ??Come on people im new to this if i could i would have but im a newbie still,Anyways

Looks like im off using P3A from Rod after all :D
http://sound.westhost.com/project3a.htm
some good feedback from that amp !!

A very big Thank you to everyone would gave there views , feedback and support on this amp that gave me grey hair heheh.
Also Thank you especially to the author LumanauW who at least came out and told everyone about hes amp that dont work .

LumanauW thanks for removing the circuit from ur website respect !

Cheers people !

I`ll be back.
:)

Hi, Kanwar,

Please be soft on the LumanauW, our David....he is nice..

He..he..he... you think so? :D Just don't familiar with different cultures from all around the world. Darkfenriz tought me on this. Good willing of wanted to share something could end up in very different thing.

Hi, Richie00boy

Lumanauw's amp is easy enough to mod to use vertical (IRF) MOSFETs, just needs a Vbe multiplier in place of the bias pot.

You are right. But we will never know who will look at it. If it is build by someone who is new to audio power amp (don't know the consequences of using Vmos without temperature compensation), this could end up in trouble. I don't want people to take make mistake and back to me again. That's why I remove this particular schematic (But I do not remove the mosfet100 one, which has exactly the same topology, but uses K1058-J162)

lumanauw said:
Hi, Kanwar,

He..he..he... you think so? :D Just don't familiar with different cultures from all around the world. Darkfenriz tought me on this. Good willing of wanted to share something could end up in very different thing.

David,

Little Knowledge is always Dangerous......

Your circuit on your website was full-fledged flaw in case of vertical mosfets, but good for laterals....

regards,
K a n w a r

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.