Yamaha RX-V490.. Tuner problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I have a Yamaha RX-V490 Reveiver and about two weeks ago, the FM tuner went bad. Now it goes from 76MHz to 90 MHz (I believe Japanese range) instead of 87.5 to 107.9 MHz (US range).

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong? Also, is there any possibility to find a service manual for this model?

Any advice will be most welcome!

Thanks in advance.

hi all
i have got a technics tuner and its frequency band is only 76-90 mhz. could i make some changes to increase the range to get indian stations(87-108mhz)?????. I have another tuner of Yamaha (dont remember the model) its range is 87-108mhz but it doesnt play any station, may be theres some problem in the front end or anywhere else,the output is only a hissing sound.
I think the microprocessor unit in 76-90mhz band is programmed for a selected band only and little can be done to increase the range and it would need a drastic re-engineering to get the universal range.
any sort of help is appreciated.
aman

The tuning problem may be caused by a component failure or corrupted data. Most likely, this can be corrected by performing the factory initialization. Press the PHONO and CD buttons simultaneously, then press the POWER switch. This begins the test mode. Press EFFECT button to exit to go back to the factory set specifications.

If that does not restore the tunig to the US band, the microprocessor IC301 may need replacing. Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.