Who built the RED CIRCUIT 3-5 Watt class-A amplifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
See:

http://www.redcircuits.com/Page80.htm

Has somebody built this amp? Any idea how serious it is compared to other small class-A amps (as Le Monstre, mini-Aleph, JLH etc)? What are effects of using other power transistors like TIP3055? Is it possible to drive these with the BC560C front-end? What happens when voltage and/or idle current are increased, or in other words: what is the maximum power that can be squeezed out of this design? How does the circuit work: is it a semi single-ended design a la the Linsley Hood?

No, I did not build this amp nor have I found that page yet - so thanks for the link.
This could be a very easy project, maybe I am going to test it. I would not use the mentioned power transistors, they seem to have a too small contact plate for the ClassA job. I am thinking of BD243s, because I still have many of them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.