Needing opinions, the "return of someone that had never departure" - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th October 2005, 09:36 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Needing opinions, the "return of someone that had never departure"

Here i am, humble, and accepting that all my efforces result nothing related to have Graham return.

Also exercising the hability to forgive the ones that disturbed, and acepting that i "let them disturb me"...so....not only they are guilty, but i was guilty too, accepting to read and to answer, giving enougth room to them to disturb me... i was weak too.
They installed batteries and i started to run...moved by remote control.

Well, my need is some advise, as i am not an EE, all i have is practical experience, and that practical experience is saying to me that will be better to use many transformers.

Explaining the idea:

I will construct,...already started, a multi amplifier system, as i think that sending only small bandwith, adequate to tweeter, it will produce better sound (the capacitor already do this job)...but i am thinking about to produce "treble amplifier"..... high Mids amplifier, low mids and bass amplifiers and to bridge amplifiers to sub woofer.

I am already in doubts about, what amplifier use for what....as i have many Aksas, 2 GEMS, 2 Symassym and will receive boards to make two Chip amplifiers, LM3775....or 3875, do not know....and people told me they are good for voices.

But the PROBLEM is:

I will produce different power amplifiers....they will have different output, based in musical sound composition.... the proportion of tones...so...treble will not need more than 15 percent of total power...when sub woffer will keep 60 percent of total power.

The problem are the transformers....i have already done, prepared and well sized, transformers enougth to 9 channels, each transformer i made with double output coil...so...4 separated transformers are already done... each one of transformer output will be sent to separated rectifier and 5000uf each rail filtering.. having subwoofer power supply 15000uf each rail...those power rectifier and filter circuit boards are almost ready...needing only testing and some cleaning,.... will be 9 boards separated, one to each channel.

The doubt is....i have a huge transformer, big enougth to supply all the amperes i need, and having room to be coiled with all those voltages i need.... 4 different simetrical output voltages...those 4 windings made twice, resulting in 8 separated windings...... with the inclusion of the high power subwoofer winding, they will constitute in 9 coils with diferent wires diameter.

The question is:

What sittuation may be better....only one transformer with many windings, or many transformers?

In my mind...many transformers may be better...but i really have doubts.

Please, take into your basis to analise, that both sittuations will provide the needed voltage and current.( some not real and ideal winding)... the interaction of consumption is something i am worrying about...my concern is the voltage interactions... When subwoffer will be draining more than 6 amperes average, will i have too big influence in others windings?.... is this sittuation worst than separated transformers?

Can you help me?...... what do you think about?...have a better idea?

regards,

Carlos
Old 25th October 2005, 09:41 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

You could use one transformer with two secondaries and take advantage from different speaker impedances, SPLs and possible bridging amplifiers.
cheers
Old 25th October 2005, 10:38 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Trank you Darkferinz, that's my idea...if not explode!...will work!

I will post 8 images, to show you the preparation...there you can see the transformer size, evaluating it by comparison with other parts that are near it.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi channel007.jpg (70.7 KB, 401 views)
Old 25th October 2005, 10:39 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Image two of total of eigth

Here is:

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi channel002.jpg (46.9 KB, 390 views)
Old 25th October 2005, 10:40 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Image tree, from eigth.

Here it is:

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi channel006.jpg (68.5 KB, 340 views)
Old 25th October 2005, 10:42 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Image four from eigth.

Here is:

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi channel011.jpg (73.9 KB, 327 views)
Old 25th October 2005, 10:43 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Image five, from eigth.

Here is:

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi channel013.jpg (75.6 KB, 321 views)
Old 25th October 2005, 10:44 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Image six, from eigth.

Here is the one.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi channel015.jpg (66.3 KB, 309 views)
Old 25th October 2005, 10:45 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Image seven, from eigth.

here it is:

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi channel016.jpg (70.5 KB, 302 views)
Old 25th October 2005, 10:47 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Last image!...now you can have the transformer size idea.

Of course i can measure it.....but it seems to be around 1 Kilowatt!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi channel020.jpg (65.6 KB, 313 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!