2 trannies on one powersuply - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2002, 08:02 PM   #11
Per is offline Per
diyAudio Member

As usual when posting a simple question, there is (on this site) almost never a simple answer. I greet and thank Mr. Pass. It is nice to get advice from such notabilities....
I expect, if needed, that I will buy a partner to my present tranny, and plug it in with the first one.

Per.
Old 9th October 2002, 02:50 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Per
As usual when posting a simple question, there is (on this site) almost never a simple answer. I greet and thank Mr. Pass. It is nice to get advice from such notabilities....
I expect, if needed, that I will buy a partner to my present tranny, and plug it in with the first one.

Per.
Well done! Of course, it isn't necessary to confirm the contributions of Peter, Eric, Andy, Bill, JasonL, HH, Dice45, Grollins and yes, myself, plus the many others that I forget but that freely give from their time and knowledge to try to help people like you to make sense of audio electronics. Your post is a fine model of thoughtlessness.

I'm done here.

Jan Didden
Old 9th October 2002, 05:19 AM   #13
The one and only

I second that motion. When I began entertaining myself
by contributing to this forum, I was perfectly aware that
playing the elephant on the dance floor could upset the
delicate balance that makes this such an wonderful forum.

So don't blame me for everything and don't give me all the
credit.

(translation: don't blame me for anything)

Old 9th October 2002, 02:22 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default 2 trannies

Just to avoid any wrong impression:

I have great respect for Nelson and his vast audio knowledge. I even more admire his uncanny marketing savvy. After all, he is the only manufacturer that managed to get a thread under his company name.

He is in a very delicate position, as he himself is well aware. But he shows considerable restraint and thoughtfullness and this community could use a few others like him.

But I have a problem if 10 or 20 people contribute to a thread and a single one is thanked, whoever it is. I make a point of thanking a contributor who gave me a particular good piece of info. It makes two people happy, and from where I come this is considered common decency.

If that is not your way, fine with me. But the least we can do is be fair to each other.

I wish you all the best in your endeavours.

Jan Didden
Old 9th October 2002, 05:39 PM   #15
Per is offline Per
diyAudio Member

Hi Jan.

I thanked everybody in advance, none mentioned none forgotten. I never expected to hear from Mr. pass, thats why I thanked him personally. I was looking for a simple answer but I should have expected that this simple thread would turn in to a philosophic debate on something, that basicly had nothing to do with what I asked in the first place. As you, I can also get a little tired when people write lines and lines about how this and that, but (almost) not contributing to whatever question started the thread. Maybe i'm naive but when I post a question, I kind of expect that most of what people write back, will actually have something to do with that specific question. If you read on in this thread, you'll see that most of it, dos'nt concearn to trannies on....
I was not trying to insult anybody, I think it is a little comic that people will take the time to and effort to write to me, about how thougtless I am. I (now) thank everybody contributing to the thread.

Kindly Per.
Old 10th October 2002, 07:42 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

well said per

Hide this!Advertise here!