Need help with Sansui 5000 - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2005, 01:59 PM   #71
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Gene,
Your experience is always welcome here. Many thanks for the hint! May you benefit from someone here in the future!

There are always differing opinions and personalities. Therefore, try not to let anyone get under your skin. Generally an awfully good place to be.

-Chris
Old 11th November 2005, 03:41 PM   #72
gwyz is offline gwyz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GP49
...But I can just visualize Gregg jumping up and down and laughing/crying with joy when he heard FM through his Sansui!

May we meet again here...someday.

-Gene

--------------------
Hi Gene,

Thank you *VERY MUCH* for deciding to "ruin the fun" of trying to figure it out.

Yes, I did *literally* jump up and down when the fix worked! I was beginning to feel defeated, and that fix really made my entire month.

And yes, "may we meet again here...someday."

smiles,

Gregg
Old 27th March 2008, 12:31 AM   #73
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member

I fixed one of these today. Same problem no FM.

Glad I found the fix here. The receiver has sentimental value. The guy bought it during Viet Nam.

Thanks
Old 28th March 2008, 02:25 PM   #74
gwyz is offline gwyz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by labjr
I fixed one of these today. Same problem no FM.

Glad I found the fix here. The receiver has sentimental value. The guy bought it during Viet Nam.

Thanks

I'm very happy that everything I went through to resolve this problem, has resulted in helping someone else. That was the whole point of documenting the entire affair.

smiles,
:-)
Gregg
Old 8th May 2008, 06:09 PM   #75
cleidi is offline cleidi  Italy
diyAudio Member

Unhappy I've same problem

.... we can only try !!

hi
Old 4th August 2008, 07:48 PM   #76
diyAudio Member

I have the same issue (I believe) as gwyz with my Sansui 5000a. No FM. Yes the Stereo light was out but I replaced it with a 6.3 150ma lamp. That did nothing. Then I thought I could do the bridge trick on the 1120 board but I can't even find the 1120 board. None of the boards are marked with this. It's not the FM tuner board is it. Anyway, I have the portion of the schematic that was attached. If I could find the board, I believe I could do it (though I'm a total hack) and can't even read a schematic. Help!

Tried to email Netlist but my account is being monitored because I'm new - says I need to make a few posts before emailing directly. If any of you could cut and paste this into an email to him, I'd be 'abliged to ya'. Thanks.
Old 4th August 2008, 08:41 PM   #77
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member

If I recall correctly, it's a small board underneath with a small number (maybe 20) of parts on it. I just soldered a little jumper in place where red line is and it fixed the FM.

Here's a picture of the board.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...mp=1131295854&
Old 5th December 2009, 01:10 AM   #78
CKeeler is offline CKeeler  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow! Awesome thread!! I do not own one of these recievers but just couldnt help but read this thread anyway. This site is amazing!! I've been to lots of sites with lots of brilliant people on different threads and have even seen posts from some of those same people here on this site. The problem is that, on other sites noboby has the patience to really help someone out and alot of times you are made to feel inferior or ignorant and after just a few posts, I always see people looking for help getting their outstreched hand slapped away with the same old response "Take it to a professional". Well, I was pleasantly suprized to see that was not the case on this thread and seems to be on this whole site. Kudos to you all!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!