Ground problem On a Denon POA2400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Just asking if someone else ever had this kind of problem. I have a faulty channel that goes into protection mode. Just take a measurment between center tap and the case and found that there's +70 volts. When measuring between both center tap I have the same reading of +70 volts.When measuring between center tap and transistor collector ,the reading is ok i.e. +70 and minus 70 volts.
Reading is 7.8 and 7.1 at base and collector respectively, that's why the protection goes on, but could not find any clue about the voltage reading of 70 volts between center tap and case. Have any idea, please let me know, Thanks

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi ostie01,
At this point I have to say, buy the service manual. It will have the foil layout which you are going to need. I don't think they are that expensive to buy at Denon (800) 263-1692, Chris in parts will give you a price.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.