Creek CAS 4040 amp schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok, here are the uploads - they have been shrinked, but I hope you can read it. Please ask me for any further details. I also still have spares :)

If the output transistors are blown, it is quite likely the the drivers (if non darlington) and the class A stage is possibly blown also. Please check carefully.

Attachments

• creek_cas4040_serA9000plus.gif
    creek_cas4040_serA9000plus.gif
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,963
  • creek_cas4040_board_overlay_versions.jpg
    creek_cas4040_board_overlay_versions.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 1,525
  • creek_cas4040_board_overlay.jpg
    creek_cas4040_board_overlay.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 1,403
  • creek_cas4040_serA13250plus.gif
    creek_cas4040_serA13250plus.gif
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,489
Bit off-topic maybe, but I went for an interview with Michael Creek around 1980. He wanted someone to do a FM tuner, which sadly wasn't my field. I was more interested in balanced phono stages at that time.

In those early days he and his German colleague worked from his back room in his house in South London. He kindly swapped schematics with me, and we had an enjoyable discussion of ideas. He told me one of his neatest accomplishments was to get each component doing lots of things, thus keeping circuits simple! Top man! :cool:

Hi Martin!

Thanks for this schematic but I did a mistake. I requested the s1 model but in fact, I have 2 models: s2 and s3 nor s1.

If you have these ones too, thanks in advance. Specially, the s1 model witch is the one in trouble. I have big "ploc" at startup and when powered off.

Stef...

creek4040s2.jpg

creek4040s3.jpg

A very fine sounded amp, if one have a correct dimensioned external (outdoor) power supply include choke. The genuine power supply, especially the caps are too small for proper sound.

A Question: What is the correct term in the colloquial english language for the heatsink assembly aluminium block, that press the power transistors on the surface from the heatsink - also to find inside of Mission Cyrus about follow link?
http://ftbw.de/files/resources/Cyrus_II_inside.png

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Would need to see the circuit to tell you that...

I see the transformer says "220Vac". Mains in the UK can reach as high as around 256 on a good day :) I don't know why it would say that but for a UK product that is wrong and taken at face value means the DC rails in the amp could be somewhat higher than expected with possible problems due to over running parts/caps and consequent increased power dissipation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.