Bogen model HTA-250A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just scored a Bogen HTA-250A out of the trash. Have i done well? It is like fifty pounds of output transformer, and sounds wonderful through my subwoofer.
There is no noise in the signal out, but the chassi does vibrate noticeably, and the transformer gets warm. Should i be concerned?
Here is a link to one seller:
http://www.telephonestuff.com/Catalog/Model_HTA-250A.htm

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Tade,
Good score. Very reliable, this mono amp will run for years. I use these in telecom applications in every large project.

I feel these are overkill for PA, the sound quality is above the average PA amp. I wonder why someone pitched it in the garbage? It's still a current product. Possibly HTA250B - it's about the same animal.

-Chris

I as a sumpsted diver, make is a point not to ask why something was in tha garbage! How much chance is there that something could fail and blow out my sub? I may have sat in a misting rain for as much as a day. i looked inside and all the internals seem dry and intact. I read that it has an internal low pass filter, but couldnt locate it, do you know where it is? I did find the place to instal one of those optional transformers. What do those do?
Thanks

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Tade,
The internal transformer is used with the balanced input. It converts a balanced input signal to the single ended one used in the amp.

Information on this model is located

here on the Bogen site. I see HTA-250A is still the current model.

Your amp is probably fine. If everything is clean and dry I don't forsee any problems for you.

-Chris

I was given a Bogen HTA 125A

A heavy mono 125watt amp. I'm using the chassis & heatsink for a pair of Jims Audio Naim clones. The Bogen pwr transformer was too high of voltage for those boards. I probably have 8hrs of work till they're done. But I was very impressed with Bogan's weight and layout. I have the old output transistors if you need any...... Free is always more exciting.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.