Yamaha - Natural Sound System - Model CA-700

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi all,

I have an old Yamaha amp which I was about to gut and install a chimpamp into when I thought, maybe there is someone out there that would appreciate this old amp the way it is. ;)

It actually works. There is a problem with some of the switches, and it sounds, well.... bad, maybe very bad. It looks like the amp modules have been repaired in the past. I can't recognise any of the transistors but it looks like a quasi topology using T0-3s.

Anyway, is there anyone that collects old Yamahas, :confused: otherwise I'll get the cutters out.

Thanks

Attachments

• yamaha ca-700.jpg
    yamaha ca-700.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 417
Joined 2002
Paid Member
i know its ages ago Greg and i presume that ou allready trushed this amp but is there a chance that you have a schematic ????

I got one to repair schematic is not to be found and the funny thing is that in the midle there is a pcb i think including thyristors on it and tully never seen that before ..

any help will be a bless

shame on me ....i repair 200 amps a year and got stucked on this one ... but only for a few minutes...

its not thyristors its triacs with small thyristors ...the all circuit is just a crowbar ...

piece of cake .... got all the rest figered out amp is happily working

thanks though

Hi sakis,

Sorry I missed your posts, I wasn't being rude. I am glad you got it sorted.

BTW: It's still sitting in a cupboard somewhere. :)

regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.