High Quality Mic Preamp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello I would like to make a quality mic preamp for recording to the computer--

Do know for a schematic or proyect for this?

I look for a solid state design, it can be opamps ,discrete etc I dont care what opamp if needed I have 627,6204,2134 several AD I mean that I dont care if is a design with a expensive opamp.... I don t care if the design use a transformer or not...

I have been looking around the web and the information looks very dispersed...

If you can help me a little I'll apreciate it..

Thanks for your time
Best regards

thanks for you answers...I have a dinamic shure 57 that I use to mic a cabinet of my guitar amp.... and I would like to build a preamp for this mic that has certain quality.....I was looking in this forum and in the web and dont find nothing representative...I mean a preamp design with quality in mind.......

Thanks for the jung link jcx and peranders...:)

I was looking for a IC design preferably transformerless....I know that the top qualiry preamp it usually put a transformer inside....but there are too comercially available some models without it...

Thanks

Hi sopapo,

I'll second jcx here, the LT1028 would do this admirably. If your SM57 is anything like the ubiquitous SM58, the singers mic, with it's high treble peak giving lots of 'air' and 'detail' , you will do well to err on the side of very low noise. Good supply range will benefit your dynamic range - making it harder to overload.

Cheers,
Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.