One Idea from PASS's ALEPH-L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I design an 40W audio amplifier cicuit recent...
using one J-FET as pre-gain, ALEPH-L as driver stage,and IRFP240/9240 be class-AB operating.
RP1 for adjust the output terminal voltage,set 0V to ground;
RP2 for adjust the output MOS Iq at 300~400mA...
I didn't do any examination with it before I post this schematics,
I think it would sounds as sweet as ALEPH-L,and more save energy than CLASS-A operation circuit.

now,have a look this circuit schematics:

Attachments

• zen-pp-01.gif
    zen-pp-01.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 476
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
it should work. it is essentially a JLH class B or NAD3020. I also posted a similar circuit (bjt upfront tho.) a while ago. and I have a working prototype of it as well.

It sounds sweet, but the DC control is poor and once overdriven it exhibits pretty nasty clipping behaviors as well.

tlf9999 said:
it should work. it is essentially a JLH class B or NAD3020. I also posted a similar circuit (bjt upfront tho.) a while ago. and I have a working prototype of it as well.

It sounds sweet, but the DC control is poor and once overdriven it exhibits pretty nasty clipping behaviors as well.

thanks,tlf9999:
I do simulation lastnight,Using a j-fet as pre-stage suitable for DC control...
I make a mistake that the Q4's "(2SJ77)",It should be 2SJ74...sorry for this fault!

regards
WINCO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.