Bora is a nice guy from Serbia - Yugoslávia - Page 51 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2009, 02:48 AM   #501
Wasim is offline Wasim  Pakistan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lahore
Send a message via MSN to Wasim Send a message via Yahoo to Wasim
Default Techno

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraomega View Post
First try to provide MJE15030/15031 if you can! Possible good replacements are 2SC5171/2SA1930 (same case and pinout) then BD241C/BD242C (same case and pinout but lower gain) or 2SB649A/2SD669A (different case and pinout!!! hence, problems with PCB and montage).
MJE340/350 are not recommended replacements.
Hi sir,

Is there any replacement of 2N5551 and 2N5401 in techno amplifier? I got them though but when I test the 2N5401 the pins are different than its data sheet may be they are fakes.

Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 04:29 PM   #502
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cacak, Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by meledath View Post
These MJL transistors are very costly 1/3rd of 2SA) and not available easily. But i will try and get it imported. what about putting ssm2220( dual pnp transistor ic) in place of matched pair bc556b
and ssm2210 ( dual npn transistor ic) in place of 2n5551.
i will use metal film resistors for construction.
but what you prefer for the red led ? specification needed.
finaly about the capacitors. Electrolytic ones are not a problem.
but what about other low value caps ?
is they are mkt , polystyrene or polycarbonate type with low tolerance values and high voltage?
i found them also very costly.
Is there any replacement of 2N5551 and 2N5401 in techno amplifier? I got them though but when I test the 2N5401 the pins are different than its data sheet may be they are fakes.
Some of your decisions are strange! First you want to use SSM2220 instead of 2xBC556 - and you don't consider that as costly? - but later you are thinking that two-three small caps are costly? Some of your criteria are not consistent.

Maximum operating voltages of SSM2220 are talking against it’s use in Techno. Better order 30-50 BC-s and find two matched pairs. You can also use 2SA970 there but take care about different pinout. 5401 should have same pinout as 5551, otherwise they are probably fakes. You can replace them with 2SC2240 again observing different pinout!
Small caps should be MICA or Polystyren (aka Styroflex) if you can supply those. Building high quality audio amplifier IS A COSTLY BUSINES! You can’t run away from that. One can try to cut corners with cheep components but at a cost paid in quality! Techno, as well as most other properly designed amps, will work with wide variety of components but final results will reflect whether you’ve made right decisions.
__________________
Laonicus Chalcondyles : “Tryballos, Serbos, autem gentem esse totius orbis antiquissimam et maximam, compertum habeo...”
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 02:02 PM   #503
black is offline black  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to black Send a message via AIM to black Send a message via MSN to black Send a message via Yahoo to black
Please have someone from the legend master plan and design the PCB? Sincerely email retro.house @ yahoo.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 06:11 PM   #504
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cacak, Serbia
I am not sure that I understand properly, but it seems you are asking for PCB and Layout files of Legend Stage Master? If that is the case, write to me on my direct mail:
kia-ora(at)blueisp(dot)co(dot)rs
__________________
Laonicus Chalcondyles : “Tryballos, Serbos, autem gentem esse totius orbis antiquissimam et maximam, compertum habeo...”
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 07:09 AM   #505
Wasim is offline Wasim  Pakistan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lahore
Send a message via MSN to Wasim Send a message via Yahoo to Wasim
Quote:
Originally Posted by boraomega View Post
Some of your decisions are strange! First you want to use SSM2220 instead of 2xBC556 - and you don't consider that as costly? - but later you are thinking that two-three small caps are costly? Some of your criteria are not consistent.

Maximum operating voltages of SSM2220 are talking against it’s use in Techno. Better order 30-50 BC-s and find two matched pairs. You can also use 2SA970 there but take care about different pinout. 5401 should have same pinout as 5551, otherwise they are probably fakes. You can replace them with 2SC2240 again observing different pinout!
Small caps should be MICA or Polystyren (aka Styroflex) if you can supply those. Building high quality audio amplifier IS A COSTLY BUSINES! You can’t run away from that. One can try to cut corners with cheep components but at a cost paid in quality! Techno, as well as most other properly designed amps, will work with wide variety of components but final results will reflect whether you’ve made right decisions.
Hi Dear Sir

Can I replace MPSA42 /MPSA92 with 5551 and 5401 in Techno?

Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 12:28 PM   #506
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cacak, Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasim View Post
Hi Dear Sir

Can I replace MPSA42 /MPSA92 with 5551 and 5401 in Techno?

Regards
Of course you can, they are even better... at least I like them more than MPSA. Just make sure that you match them the best you can!
__________________
Laonicus Chalcondyles : “Tryballos, Serbos, autem gentem esse totius orbis antiquissimam et maximam, compertum habeo...”
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 01:08 PM   #507
black is offline black  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to black Send a message via AIM to black Send a message via MSN to black Send a message via Yahoo to black
Image - TinyPic - Servizio di hosting d'immagini, condivisione immagini & hosting di video gratuito This scheme works and the 4 ohm? with thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:36 AM   #508
Wasim is offline Wasim  Pakistan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lahore
Send a message via MSN to Wasim Send a message via Yahoo to Wasim
Default Techno Amp bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraomega View Post
Of course you can, they are even better... at least I like them more than MPSA. Just make sure that you match them the best you can!
Hi Sir,
What's about the bias of the Techno amp. 65mA per pair ? please correct me
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:46 AM   #509
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cacak, Serbia
No Wasim, that's too low. For best results don't go under 100mA per pair and provide good heatsink!
__________________
Laonicus Chalcondyles : “Tryballos, Serbos, autem gentem esse totius orbis antiquissimam et maximam, compertum habeo...”
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 07:06 PM   #510
Wasim is offline Wasim  Pakistan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lahore
Send a message via MSN to Wasim Send a message via Yahoo to Wasim
Default Techno

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraomega View Post
No Wasim, that's too low. For best results don't go under 100mA per pair and provide good heatsink!
Thank you Sir, My Techno is almost complete I will post pictures soon

Regards
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new diy forum - for the ex-Yugoslavia Branimir Everything Else 0 7th November 2005 05:12 PM
Hello from Serbia drax Introductions 17 5th November 2002 03:28 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:02 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2