Bora is a nice guy from Serbia - Yugoslávia - Page 51 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2009, 02:48 AM   #501
Wasim is offline Wasim  Pakistan
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Wasim Send a message via Yahoo to Wasim
Default Techno

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraomega View Post
First try to provide MJE15030/15031 if you can! Possible good replacements are 2SC5171/2SA1930 (same case and pinout) then BD241C/BD242C (same case and pinout but lower gain) or 2SB649A/2SD669A (different case and pinout!!! hence, problems with PCB and montage).
MJE340/350 are not recommended replacements.
Hi sir,

Is there any replacement of 2N5551 and 2N5401 in techno amplifier? I got them though but when I test the 2N5401 the pins are different than its data sheet may be they are fakes.

Regards
Old 11th October 2009, 04:29 PM   #502
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meledath View Post
These MJL transistors are very costly 1/3rd of 2SA) and not available easily. But i will try and get it imported. what about putting ssm2220( dual pnp transistor ic) in place of matched pair bc556b
and ssm2210 ( dual npn transistor ic) in place of 2n5551.
i will use metal film resistors for construction.
but what you prefer for the red led ? specification needed.
finaly about the capacitors. Electrolytic ones are not a problem.
but what about other low value caps ?
is they are mkt , polystyrene or polycarbonate type with low tolerance values and high voltage?
i found them also very costly.
Is there any replacement of 2N5551 and 2N5401 in techno amplifier? I got them though but when I test the 2N5401 the pins are different than its data sheet may be they are fakes.
Some of your decisions are strange! First you want to use SSM2220 instead of 2xBC556 - and you don't consider that as costly? - but later you are thinking that two-three small caps are costly? Some of your criteria are not consistent.

Maximum operating voltages of SSM2220 are talking against it’s use in Techno. Better order 30-50 BC-s and find two matched pairs. You can also use 2SA970 there but take care about different pinout. 5401 should have same pinout as 5551, otherwise they are probably fakes. You can replace them with 2SC2240 again observing different pinout!
Small caps should be MICA or Polystyren (aka Styroflex) if you can supply those. Building high quality audio amplifier IS A COSTLY BUSINES! You can’t run away from that. One can try to cut corners with cheep components but at a cost paid in quality! Techno, as well as most other properly designed amps, will work with wide variety of components but final results will reflect whether you’ve made right decisions.
Old 19th October 2009, 02:02 PM   #503
black is offline black  Romania
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to black Send a message via AIM to black Send a message via MSN to black Send a message via Yahoo to black
Please have someone from the legend master plan and design the PCB? Sincerely email retro.house @ yahoo.com
Old 19th October 2009, 06:11 PM   #504
diyAudio Member

I am not sure that I understand properly, but it seems you are asking for PCB and Layout files of Legend Stage Master? If that is the case, write to me on my direct mail:
kia-ora(at)blueisp(dot)co(dot)rs
Old 20th October 2009, 07:09 AM   #505
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Some of your decisions are strange! First you want to use SSM2220 instead of 2xBC556 - and you don't consider that as costly? - but later you are thinking that two-three small caps are costly? Some of your criteria are not consistent.

Maximum operating voltages of SSM2220 are talking against it’s use in Techno. Better order 30-50 BC-s and find two matched pairs. You can also use 2SA970 there but take care about different pinout. 5401 should have same pinout as 5551, otherwise they are probably fakes. You can replace them with 2SC2240 again observing different pinout!
Small caps should be MICA or Polystyren (aka Styroflex) if you can supply those. Building high quality audio amplifier IS A COSTLY BUSINES! You can’t run away from that. One can try to cut corners with cheep components but at a cost paid in quality! Techno, as well as most other properly designed amps, will work with wide variety of components but final results will reflect whether you’ve made right decisions.
Hi Dear Sir

Can I replace MPSA42 /MPSA92 with 5551 and 5401 in Techno?

Regards
Old 20th October 2009, 12:28 PM   #506
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasim View Post
Hi Dear Sir

Can I replace MPSA42 /MPSA92 with 5551 and 5401 in Techno?

Regards
Of course you can, they are even better... at least I like them more than MPSA. Just make sure that you match them the best you can!
Old 22nd October 2009, 01:08 PM   #507
black is offline black  Romania
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to black Send a message via AIM to black Send a message via MSN to black Send a message via Yahoo to black
Image - TinyPic - Servizio di hosting d'immagini, condivisione immagini & hosting di video gratuito This scheme works and the 4 ohm? with thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:36 AM   #508
diyAudio Member

Default Techno Amp bias

Quote:
Of course you can, they are even better... at least I like them more than MPSA. Just make sure that you match them the best you can!
Hi Sir,
What's about the bias of the Techno amp. 65mA per pair ? please correct me
Regards
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:46 AM   #509
diyAudio Member

No Wasim, that's too low. For best results don't go under 100mA per pair and provide good heatsink!
Old 23rd October 2009, 07:06 PM   #510
diyAudio Member

Default Techno

Quote:
No Wasim, that's too low. For best results don't go under 100mA per pair and provide good heatsink!
Thank you Sir, My Techno is almost complete I will post pictures soon

Regards

Hide this!Advertise here!