Bora is a nice guy from Serbia - Yugoslávia

clepsidra....this is the one i like

Also i think the name is better than alfa numerical codes.

Clep...can mean Klepto..... from Kleptomaniac...those ones have the need to stole things....crazy to stole.

Sidra is a very nice beverage, a destiled made with apple and other fruits...have gaz and remember a sweet Champagne...and may mean different in other places too.

Well..having meaning, easier will be to enter the memory of folks.

Nice name..at least i have loved it.

Also BGTs ...those i have, the technologie is deeply dominated by me.... FETs have other biasing points.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• clepsidra.pdf
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,583
Having the same problems as Graham Maynard, Bora has health problems too.

He cannot construct...some of them were constructed by him, others by friends and there are schematics never constructed.

He has not too much time to follow the forum thread..also not too much time and health to go typing mails from constructors.

I think he will give some support, but people will need patience.

He gave a good support to Mr. Sakis Petropoulos, as i could read those support mails entirelly, during 2 monthes, many mails arrived and were answered...but...was not enougth to Mr. Sakis..he had some problems, as made some small modifications in the supply voltage and some accidents happened.

Bora could not stay with Sakis all time long, as he was to the hospital...and he is already there.

This way, a gap of time existed and Sakis was alone...i have helped a little..but not too much, and also not enougth for Sakis needs.

Sakis found something considered bugs in Bora's legend circuit..and this was something he conclude in his mind...i think was more a misunderstanding... a communication error than a real bug.

Bora can help..but there are some limits.... people that construct must have a very good experience related transistors voltages, currents, to dominate Ohms law, capacitors, biasing point, offsets, and understand how transistor and field effect transistor works.

Bora can help people, but he cannot teach the very basic of electronics, also the test needed and the test signals and practices normally used, all those things must be already known to avoid problems.

regards,

Carlos

It's too sad, let's hope that everything will be OK for him.

Anyway, that's a huge amount of ideas.From a first look, there are some very promising circuits and anybody could try by his own to build and test any of it. Besides, that's the meaning of "DIY". Thanks to Bora for his ideas and his kindness, and ofcourse thanks to you Carlos, for your valuable effort, for publishing them.

regards
Spiros

Thank you Spirtos... i see that Greek people has some connections with Bora.

This is nice...Sakis already made Bora's amplifier and you are tracking with interest..this is very good.

Greek people is very interesting people..i have to say that i like them.... we had dtrif too..but this one disappeared... a pitty.

I fell happy to cooperate with those designers, in special because i understand their needs...not only Bora, but also Graham, need some cooperation.

They have, both, ilnesses...different diseases that turns hard to them to construct amplifiers...and i think that Graham has worst conditions, as he has pains all day long...and cannot move his head as we can...so...to construct is a hell for him..he has to install boards fixed in the wall...and moving the arms will move the neck and pains will come....very hard.

Those folks needs cooperation, good will people, forum friends, nice folks, people that has heart and good understanding that we have to help one each other..that we are half of nothing when we are alone.

Graham needs people to construct and to test and to help him to debugg, to evaluate his schematics..to publish opinions to produce feedbacks to Graham, to compare, to write reviews and to have fun...as we have fun doing those things...also contribute for our forum..to be good, rich and having interesting reviews to read.

Bora is needing too...people to construct, to evaluate, to compare, to test, to debug and to give him feedback....he will give his best..but people understanding will be needed...he is beeing sick those days...the follow up...the over the shouder help...that teacher to go to the very basic knowledge of electronics cannot be supplied by him...he just...cannot.

Graham..this one is a heroe....try to imagine enormous pains inside your skull...not medicine can relief..he cannot move...imagine to sleep...if he can sleep...around the clock folks..and he keep a reasonable mood.... beeing patience..when bad educated people comes to attack him with bad words, unfair behavior...and he keep a reasonable mood...this is heroic folks.

Graham helps a lot of people in his family...even beeing this way..feeling this way...and he do not feel hate to all humanity..he loves birds and flowers...and having damn pains.

Graham problem has no cure..operations, sourgery, hospital, and doctors can kill him.

regards,

Carlos

Thank you Victor1986...here is the Bravura layout

enjoy,

Carlos

Attachments

• bravura_layout.gif
    bravura_layout.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 2,374
lets clear things

i am sakis petropoulos and yes amplifier legend 4 and 8 was given to me from dr Bora for free and also given as request to operate in voltage from 56 to 66 vdc per rail

well this amplifier is working perfectly in voltage 40+40 volts but no matter how much i tried so far to operate at 66+66 volts i end up with burned mosfets burned speakers and a lot of smoke

i have grate respect for dr BORA and also his designes i am extremelly thankfull cause he gave this for free to me and also willing to help and suport me with alot of suport
enenthough we all very well know that he is in a difficult moment of his life ......

to my understanding maybe dr Bra missed that my rails are 66+66 volts and may be many things need to be chanched to operate at this voltage ....thats ok he done a lot so far and i know very well that may be he canot do more at the time so i asked help from all you forum guys and seems that after a long time i am getting somewhere .....

also didnt know that dr Bora was sick so i made posts saying that probably dr Bora didnt help me out i could neverthink that he might be in a hospital

I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT ......

but otherwise i never altered or chanched any of my request or the amplifier spece

sakis petropoulos