Schematisc NAD705

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Leonfijen,
Start with the basics. Do you have DC supply voltages inside the unit? If not, check the continuity of the primary AC circuit (transformer, fuse(s), power switch .. )
If you have DC voltages, are there any other blown fuses? Is there a large DC offset voltage at either amplifier output?

-Chris

Hello Leon,

I have just bought a second NAD 705 on Ebay myself.
I hope I will receive it by the end of the week/beginning of next week.
It is defective too, so maybe we can exchange our experiences with repairing it.
I have another NAD 705 with a burnt out (literally, there is a hole in the PCB!) power stage. I just use it as preamp/tuner for my NAD 2400THX power amplifier.
I am really impressed by the sound of this combo. My speakers sound two classes better than with my previous amplifier. Nice solid controlled basses, very open and detailed mid and high.

Is your native tongue French or Flemish?
I am from the Netherlands, so Flemish/Dutch is easier for me than French, although I can read French reasonably. Speaking and writing it is another matter, however! English and German are OK.

Hope to hear from you,

Henk.

NAD 705 power amp (main board) schematic.

Attachments

• amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 110
  • amp2.jpg
    amp2.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 109
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.