PCB or kit for power amplifier advise NEEDED

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a fairly good idea of what kind of design I am looking for, just I don't know if someone offers a kit or at least a PCB board for this. Please let me know.

- min 175W in 8 ohms
- input stage: dual mono JFETs cascoded with MOSFET
- second stage: two paralleled JFETs cascoded with MOSFETs
- driver circuit fed from regulators using dual low-noise JFETs, Cascoded with MOSFETs for the input, and MOSFETs in the driver and output stage
- separate power supplies for the driver stage and the output stage

I am planning to use Toshiba C3281/A1302 outputs, Toshiba jfets, Hitachi mosfets, Caddock resistors, HEXFRED and/or FRED diodes, Elna capacitors.

So, is there any design/kit/pcb that you are aware of that will meet my needs?

Thanks a lot.

I am seriuosly considering Rod Elliot's Project 101.

The problem is that I do not know its topology. Does it has dual mono JFETs cascoded with MOSFET in the input stage? Does it has two paralleled JFETs cascoded with MOSFETs in the second stage? The driver circuit is fed from regulators using dual low-noise JFETs, Cascoded with MOSFETs for the input, and MOSFETs in the driver and output stage?

Does it has separate power supplies for the driver stage and the output stage?

I do not know the answer to all these questions. Maybe someone who built already the Project101 can clarify for me.

Thank you once again.

rmihai said:

The problem is that I do not know its topology. Does it has dual mono JFETs cascoded with MOSFET in the input stage? Does it has two paralleled JFETs cascoded with MOSFETs in the second stage? The driver circuit is fed from regulators using dual low-noise JFETs, Cascoded with MOSFETs for the input, and MOSFETs in the driver and output stage?

Does it has separate power supplies for the driver stage and the output stage?

I do not know the answer to all these questions. Maybe someone who built already the Project101 can clarify for me.

What do you mean you don't know the topology of Project 101? The circuit is there. It's all bipolar with a MOSFET output.

Carlos

Hi rmihai,

You seem to require a very specific topology, why is that? You have a preconceived idea of what will perform for you which I doubt you'll find.

What about a very different topology - comp cascoded BJT (or modifiable to FET) diff'l inputs, comp emitter follower drivers followed by 4 pair of common source comp MOSFETs for 250W at typ 0.003% THD.

It will be available as a kit,details on my website when it's up - tomorrow!

Cheers,
Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.