simple BJT gain stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just built a simple class A BJT buffer that I find really impressive. I would like to combine it with a simple but high quality gain stage to make a pre-amp. I considered preceding it with OPA627 op-amp, but would prefer to do something simple (but good) with discretes. I am running the buffer off +/- 16v and would prefer to use the same power supply (Possibly with separate regulation). Any suggestions?

hihopes said:
I have just built a simple class A BJT buffer that I find really impressive. I would like to combine it with a simple but high quality gain stage to make a pre-amp. I considered preceding it with OPA627 op-amp, but would prefer to do something simple (but good) with discretes. I am running the buffer off +/- 16v and would prefer to use the same power supply (Possibly with separate regulation). Any suggestions?

Hello hihopes,

Maybe this is of some help.

Greetings

Thanks amblifier. I will read through it and see what Mr. Self has to say. At a cursory glance, though, it seems that the attempt here is to include a second BJT for purposes of buffering (which I don't need) and also that it is limnited to a gain of about 3, which is a little less than useful for my purposes. Pity the article seems to end prematurely and not include the part on cascoding.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.