503 transistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,
I have been given a DIY project of a pre and power Amp from around 1972 which 'never worked'. I got this without schematics but that is no huge problem as I have almost reversed engineered it. Basically it appears that it uses 108 transistors paired with 503 and the final stage uses 3055 and 2955 transistors.
I am not sure what the transistors marked 503 are (i believe they are PNP) can anyone clarify this?
I also have at least one which is open circuit anyway so does anyone know is there a modern equivalent?

thanks

Daz

thanks for the replies guys,
the 3055 and 2955 have MJE marked on them,, I have found datasheets on MJE3055 and 2955 (NPN and PNP transistors) they are similar to TO220 package type, although they appear slightly bigger and there is a slug where the heatsink tab is (I am not sure when jedec packges where defined). I have made the assumption that the 108 are BC108. anyway the 108 and 503 are similar to the TO92 package type (just a bit squarer looking down)
cheers

Daz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.