Need Schematic for Parasound HCA 2200 II - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th September 2005, 09:39 PM   #1
mjctech is offline mjctech  United States
diyAudio Member

Question Need Schematic for Parasound HCA 2200 II

I have a HCA 2200 II, One channel will blow a fuse after running at low volume for a short time. Then sometimes the overheat light will come on and after it cools down it works again. I can feel that the right side heat sink is hotter than the left. I checked it and the left side is running around 110 F. and the right is around 140 F. I checked the temp on the heat sensor bracket on both sides. I checked the power supply volts 74 +- ,

Please help
mike
Old 15th September 2005, 03:17 PM   #2
Leolabs is offline Leolabs  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Leolabs
Try to check the output offset voltage.
Old 15th September 2005, 04:25 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Need Schematic for Parasound HCA 2200 II

Quote:
Originally posted by mjctech
I have a HCA 2200 II, One channel will blow a fuse after running at low volume for a short time. Then sometimes the overheat light will come on and after it cools down it works again. I can feel that the right side heat sink is hotter than the left. I checked it and the left side is running around 110 F. and the right is around 140 F. I checked the temp on the heat sensor bracket on both sides. I checked the power supply volts 74 +- ,

Why don't you check the voltage between the emitters on one pair of output transistors to see if current is the same for both channels?

Perhaps there has been a slight deviation in VAS' trimpots. If that is so you should rather replace both trimpots with multiturn types.

Do you know if the output zobel is getting hot too? If so there might be some oscillation, but cure might be difficult without a service manual. Do get one as soon as possible, if not you will be too much in the dark.

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!