Opinions of tracking regulator circuit. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2002, 11:58 PM   #1
G is offline G  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Opinions of tracking regulator circuit.

I plan to use the regulator circuit below for the headphone driver circuit that I have posted in this thread.:

Pro's and con's of CCS circuit.

The idea to use it came from ALW and the help with the specifics came from ALW. Audiofreak and Artynos. This circuit is way out of my league of undestanding(but I keep trying). I'm looking for honest opinions. Good or bad. IS there a regulator that would work better for the headphone driver? I'm hoping to gain better understanding of how this circuit works and why. Any help is appreciated,
Attached Images
File Type: gif szekeras psu(small).gif (17.1 KB, 196 views)
Old 30th September 2002, 10:41 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Opinions of tracking regulator circuit.

Quote:
Originally posted by G
I plan to use the regulator circuit below for the headphone driver circuit that I have posted in this thread.:

Pro's and con's of CCS circuit.

[snip]
. IS there a regulator that would work better for the headphone driver?
G,

An important step towards getting understanding of this circuit is trying to formulate for yourself what you want it to do, and what you want a "better regulator" to do better than this circuit. You may not believe me, but rest assured, once you start asking yourself these questions, one will lead to another and that will lead to answers.

Jan Didden

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" - a German Navy Admiral who tought me how to be succesfull in two easy steps: (1) first formulate my goal (2) realise it

Hide this!Advertise here!