Luxkit A504 repair, long

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Matt,
It was very sad to see Luxman go the way they did. Another company we did warranty service for, they ended up being distributed by a couple of clueless people in BC (in Canada). They asked me if I could source service parts. No manuals. I dropped the line immediately on finding this out.

Their "service manager" didn't even have a 'scope or half decent DVM. Forget transistor testors and variacs. He was a car amp guy originally. I don't see how he could have been any good at that either. His soldering station wasn't even controlled temperature!!!!!!!!

Alpine liquidated all Luxman parts and destroyed the rest. We can thank Gord Harper for that one. He was still with Alpine the last I heard.

-Chris

Luxkit A501 (Monarchy Engineering unit)

I have two A501 Fuji Tech A501 amps originally sold by Monarchy Engineering in the USA... I had these things for more than 10 years, but both of these units failed within days of each other.
I have attempted to try and find wiring diagram or the owners manuals to no avail; I know that Luxman sold these units in Japan and elsewhere as kits. Does anyone have a wiring schematic for it so I can repair my units or know where I can get one? I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for it. Thanks in advance, Dennis

A501 Schematics

Hi Denisjhs,
I have the complete circuit diagram and kit manuals including adjustment data. Unfortunately they are in Japanese only. I believe it is still readable for our electronic forks as all required info is prepresented in our common electrical notations.
If you are interested please let me know.
Matt:smash:

Lux kit a 501

Well, although I was not able to reach Matt63, I was able to get both amps repaired and for the first time in several years both my A501's work just fine, thank you. It's nice to run these amps in class a mode, the sound is very sweet, its too bad they don't make these anymore....

Hello good people

I'm still (sorta desperately) looking for schematics and other info. I see there are several people here who have what I'm looking for. I'm not yet allowed to send emails, so if anyone would be so kind to send them to me, I will be eternally greatfull ;)

I can also host them for future requests

You can reach me at : mailxsismofyt.net (replace x with @) :smash:

I can help you

Hi,
I built two A501's and an A502 years ago. They still sound great and trash whatever speakers I connect them to. They are quite nice for transistor amps.
I still have all the literature and actually have it all scanned.
zlrig at yahoo.com

send me an email and I can get them to you.
They are quite large files though...
Zlrig

Luxkit A501 Part1

Here is the schematic for those in need.

Attachments

• A501_SchematicA.jpg
    A501_SchematicA.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 287
This is only somewhat relevant, but looking over some pictures of the internals of this A504 amp, I noticed it was dangerously similar to the Luxman M-120A.

So I compared the schematics, and what do you know - these amps appear to share almost the same circuit, although I'm certainly no expert in that field. Looks quite similar, though!

Links to schematics:

Luxman Avance Z504 | Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | HiFi Engine
Luxman M-120A | Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | HiFi Engine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.