Accuphase schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I am looking for a schematic of a Accuphase integrated amp, the E-206.
If the topology of this amp is similar to some of the other accuphase integrateds like E-203 E-202 E-205 and E-207, I'm also interested in those schematics.
I am asked to make an offer on a Accuphase amp which is broken, the seller says the fault is somewhere in the power amp section. He says the output was shorted, but I would think these amp are protected against these faults?
Anyways, what would you guys offer for such an amp? I would like to try and repair it, but with an amp of this complexity this could be a bigger bite than I can chew.

Regards,

Jarno.

Accuphase schematics are nearly impossible to get, except the very old models (like E-202). However, you don't need one to fix a shorted output. If you have basic electronics knowledge and can handle a soldering iron, we can fix the amp "online" on the forum. All you need is a digital camera, so we know what we are talking about.

As for an offer to the seller, I have no idea. I would probably try to get it for half of what people pay for a mint condition amp on ebay, and it will be a good deal.

Only make sure that "custom" parts are ok, like the transformer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.