Bass Kill/Hpass Xover for VCA DJ mixer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd September 2005, 07:20 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Bass Kill/Hpass Xover for VCA DJ mixer

I bought a gemini UMX3 mixer for an audio project , not knowing that it doesnt have any eq's. this is unnaceptable as I plan to use it for skratching (you know wikki wikki) and I have to be able to kill the bass so that you dont hear my hand thumping around on the vinyl.

So How do I go about making a highpass (is that what I need) crossover or bass kill switch for this miixer?

Its VCA (I dont know what it stands for) but I know it means that the audio doesnt actually travel through the fader.

Even a simple high pass stereo crossover circuit would be good, I could plug the turntable into that before plugging it into the mixer and elminate the lows that way. It would be even cooler if it had a switch to bypass the highpass crossover..

Ultimately I would like to have an EQ rotary for the bass level adjustment on the mixer or just a switch for complete bass kill...

Im looking for cheap and easy if that helps. Im hoping its something I can walk down to radioshack, get the parts and build fairly quickly.

Thanks for your guys's help (in advance)

You can reach me via email: Spike_Rezendes@hotmail.com
Old 2nd September 2005, 12:30 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

any ideas?

Hide this!Advertise here!