Luscious New Design!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's a wonderful new design that sounds simply awesome. It's a little fiddly to set up but once set it's audio nirvana! The design might seem rather pedestrian almost naive, with the resistive tail at the input and resistive Vas load but believe me it has been finely honed to produce 2.4W while dissipating only 147W . Excessive you may say? What about climate change? Bah, they're not beholden of this jem - anyway it's power stations not amplifiers that cause that! And of course it's patented and with a big shiny faceplate box and 2KW tranny and 279,000 mF and that 31.4K only the right amount of crap will come down from the PS to enliven the experience!

My mate (when he's got a new battery in his hearing aid) reckons I'm onto something! World best maybe!

Now down to it. All those funny resistor values on the single ended output are paralleled from best sounding 1K 0.43W ****** brand resistors which I can supply along with the inspired PCB. The 100K trimpot is to be fitted in reverse in the northern hemisphere to counteract coriolis forces which have been finely tuned out.

It's a work in progress but it's simply so good now I doubt I can improve it with little SMD bits under the board. It simply goes to show all those gurus with their convoluted designs just can't see the wood for the trees - I'm sure they never listen!

Enjoy.

Attachments

• wank.png
    wank.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,695
Yes I know - I am simply drawn to those 1K ****** resistors - they are "Simply the best sounding organic film resistor on the planet"! The 1.01K's or .993K's just don't cut it. So, while it knocks up the parts count dramatically they're only DG$73.4 sheckels each (=14remnibi) so worth every cent. I might say finely balanced with that tail resistor.

Cheers,
Greg

Hearing aid was funny Greg...hehe, this guy is also very interesting...the Gurú

Ahahahaha...hearing aid is beautifull.

But i am sure, our friend will have some "side effects" because of sound pressure directed inside his eardrums.

The result can be something "pretty" as i am showing ya.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• image9.jpg
    image9.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 921
amplifierguru said:
The 100K trimpot is to be fitted in reverse in the northern hemisphere to counteract coriolis forces which have been finely tuned out.

Gee... Greg, how would I do who lives in Northern part of Europe, consult Mr Corioli.. or should I stick to my Tibetan monks? ;)

Edit: Patents, patents... any number and where registered, USPTO?

Cheers Michael

Hi all,

Well what a difference a day makes (hmm... good name for a song!).

While deep in meditation last evening a revelation came to me - bootstrapping the input resistor to ensure a more manageable input impedance so the wondrous nature of this amplifier can be sharedby more - and not confined to just those with buffer drive.

Magic happens! The soundstage just exploded! It's awesome.
I was taken aback that I could actually improve on such a honed pinnacle design.

We just never stop learning.

PS My poor old mate has had to go into hospital to have his 'earing aid extracted using keyhole surgery. :D

Attachments

• wank.png
    wank.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 615
Hi Jorge,

Is it echo - or simply reverberation! I like it. I like it a lot.

Andy,

Yes he used to have a ear trumpet but people were beginning to talk so he invested in a solar powered LI batteried mini unit. So I now know he was prone to long nights of aural euphoria!!

I've a sneaking feeling there maybe further revelations as I peel back the layers. Any ideas.

back to the meditation.

Cheers,
Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.