Sony ta-4650 Vfet .. Volume Problem. Need Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI there,
My old Sony ta-4650 Vfet Integrated amp has a bit of a problem, and need some advice on how to fix.
The balance pot is not original.
When both channels are going the volume is not very high, but turn the balance pot to L or R and the volume goes up..... Alot!.

How do I fix this problem? as I really got to wind it up to 10 oclock on the dial to get moderate listening level, and the sound is not punchy as when I turn it to L or R on the balance pot.

Any advice will be great...
Otherwise anybody can recommend a decent Tech to fix it for me (that is in Perth Australia..... will be great also)

Thanks In advance
Tater8

:)

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> The balance pot is not original. When both channels are going the volume is not very high, but turn the balance pot to L or R and the volume goes up..... Alot!

Balance pot is the wrong value.

If it is a simple 1-gang pot, and if I had to guess, someone put in a 10K instead of a 100K.

If it is a 2-gang pot, it may be log/antilog. This can be wired two ways that look right: -2dB at center, or -17dB at center.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.