Explendid amplifier designed by Michael Bittner, our MikeB

Hi -

1 XPC 94HB 4 CEM-1 94V0
2 FR-1 94V0 5 CEM-3 94V0
3 FR-2 94V0 6 FR-4 94V0

FR4 - woven fiberglass base material; 94V0 refers to UL safety standard - how fireproof the boards are. Typical for motherboards and computer peripherals is #6 - FR-4 94V0.

FR2 is paper phenolic; CEM1 is paper with 1 layer glass; CEM3 is 'flies' fiberglass. XPC is the cheapest stuff, used for very low-end devices (i.e. calculators, remote controls etc).

Check

http://www.eternal.com.tw/english/html/products/table/tablefive.htm

and

http://www.hta-bi.bfh.ch/E/ecad/PCB-Shop/route-pcb/standards_N.htm

Cheers!

Symassym is beeing constructed in Brazilian Capital

Boards are starting to beeing made, my nephews are making them, some units will produce nice sound in our Capital.

Thank's Bittner for his nice amplifier.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• brasília0027.jpg
    brasília0027.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,009
Yeah!...my nephew is starting the work, today we gonna construct the transformer

reconstructing a 220 to 110 Volt AC transformer...it is a 1 Kilowatt trafo...it may work fine with a heavier gauge wire on it.

Here is the image of my nephew and the circuit to be made using a photo process.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 000_2689.jpg
    000_2689.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,072
Hey guys, I'm now testing the amps in a multi amp speaker configuration. The problem is that the amps are now radio receivers. I don't have the problem with the tube amps I've tried. If I unplug the interconnects from the pre-amp (DEQX), no radio on the unplugged unit, and less on the still plugged unit. Interconnect antennea? Or oscillation/compensation issues?

Sheldon

I don't have an easy way to draw, but I can describe it. I have a total of 6 channels connected. A pair of PP 30 watt mono amps for the horn, the newest symasym stereo for the bass, and my two original Symasyms for the low bass. The DEQX has 6 channels (three stereo) out and a pair of analog in. Nothing exotic. The interconnects are a mismash of types, most shielded, none longer than about 2 meters. As I said, no radio on the tube amps. I used a different tube amp yesterday for the horn, the 30watters for the bass and the new Symasym for the low bass. I had a very faint recepetion on the symasym (ear had to be right on the speaker to hear it), much louder today.

Sheldon

anatech said:
Hi Sheldon,
Ground loop?

-Chris

Could well be as I have a bunch of power cords (one disadvantage of multi amping) and some to different wall sockets. I may have to sort out this snake pit and get them all on the same outlet.

Sheldon

edit: One difference today is that I had to add another power cord from a different outlet for the mono Symasyms. Does point to the likelyhood of grounding issues.

anatech said:
Possibly, try a power bar.

Already have one, so it's going to be power bar to power bar. Once I get everything built, I'll have fewer cords to fool with, as I'll do some consolidation. In fact, as I type this I recall that I have powered outlets on the new Symasym, put there just for that purpose. Shoulda used those in the first place, duh. I have some errands to run, but I'll try later this afternoon to sort this out.

Sheldon

anatech said:
Hi Sheldon,
Bar to bar is okay for low levels. I want to make sure the grounds are direct and you are on the same phase for sure.

Sounds like some electrical work in the future for you. ;)

-Chris

No doubt, some home wiring in the future. I just wanted to try my new toys. I just did connect the two mono Syms (couldn't wait) to the live outs on the new stereo Sym. Now everything including the pre is on one bar. Only very faint residual radio now, so looks definitely like the right track.

Sheldon