diyAudio (
-   Solid State (
-   -   Replacing 2SK 215/2SJ78 (

palesha 16th July 2005 07:15 PM

Replacing 2SK 215/2SJ78
My friend has a power amplifier with 2SK215/2SJ78 mosfets in the driver stage. He is not getting original devices so he needs to change it. The output is 2SC5200/2SA1943 pair. I don't hv circuit. Has anybody done some replacement like this?

Charles Hansen 17th July 2005 01:58 AM

There is no substitute for these devices. However, they are still in production. Hitachi has separated their discrete semiconductors to Renesas:

You should be able to purchase these for a few dollars each.

dudu 17th July 2005 04:15 AM

You can find those Mos-n-fet and Mos-p-fet on:
Login as a demo user.
Best regards

vish7878 31st May 2012 02:49 PM

2sk215 replacement
insted u can used 2sk216 and 2sj79. buy those items on ebay even 2svishk215and 2sj78,hope this helps.............


lalunatech 9th June 2013 04:33 AM

I need a 2SK215 too for a Samson S2000 PA amp where it is used as a driver. This device is unusual in that the centre pin (pin 2) is the source and is connected to the flange. This makes finding a substitute difficult as most modern mosfets seem to have drain on pin 2. I am going for a 2SK216 off eBay, same but 200V not 180V and cheaper than the 215.

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:29 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2